Aviation Project Architect
Company Website Hennebery Eddy Architects
Hennebery Eddy Architects seeks a highly skilled project architect with 10-15 years of relevant experience, primarily focused on aviation-related projects. This individual will be responsible for developing design solutions, project details and technical alternatives, and will take a hands-on role in leading client, public, and stakeholder meetings. Project architects are expected to translate the design direction of a project into a thoughtfully crafted expression of the design goals and programmatic requirements, while reflecting the firm’s core values and fostering our collaborative culture. This position is located in Portland, Oregon.
- Providing subject matter expertise in the planning and design of aviation-related facilities at regional, medium and large hub airports.
- Program development, initiating design concepts, regulatory coordination, and leading development of design and technical aspects of projects through construction documents and construction.
- Organizing, preparing, and presenting design and technical solutions in a client context.
- Developing and maintaining strong client relationships and participating in business development efforts.
- Managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination.
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types, or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Contribute to office culture, initiatives, and learning programs.
- Architectural license.
- LEED or Living Future accreditation preferred.
- Evidence of strong design, organizational, and technical skills.
- Advanced design, visual, and graphic presentation skills, including hand sketching ability.
- Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Bluebeam.
- Mature design skills and a fundamental understanding of various construction types resulting in well thought-out details.
- Ability to foster innovation in design, construction technology, and sustainable design.
- Collaboration skills and ability to work effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and jurisdictions.
- Excellent time management, project planning, and communication skills.
- A minimum of three references, two of which are preferred to be clients.
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format to email@example.com and limit file size to 5MB.
About Hennebery Eddy
Hennebery Eddy Architects is driven by the values of the West: simplicity, efficiency, and beauty. Since 1992, we have made a significant impact on our region’s built environment. The firm’s projects fall in four primary market sectors: academic, civic + cultural, commercial, and aviation + transit. Our work includes comprehensive architectural services, interior design, planning, sustainable design, and historic preservation characterized by well-crafted, thoughtfully detailed designs that respect their sites and strengthen their context. Hennebery Eddy serves clients throughout the West through our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, and our studio in Bozeman, Montana.
We aspire to design net-positive solutions through healthy, efficient, and adaptive spaces that are responsive to our clients, the environment, and the people who use them. The result is a net-positive outcome for the greater community. As a JUST™ Organization, we are passionate about making a positive contribution to our greater environment and the human situation through designing places where people gather, work, live, and recreate. Our design approach is grounded in our core values, and uses a collaborative process with principals, associates and interns working together in an open studio.
This approach has resulted in more than 60 design awards, including local awards for historic preservation. Hennebery Eddy is a recipient of the AIA Northwest & Pacific Region Firm Award and is one of the country’s top 50 architecture firms named by Architect magazine. Please visit www.henneberyeddy.com for additional firm information.
Hennebery Eddy offers a comprehensive benefits package. Along with competitive health plan options, flexible paid time off, and retirement savings contributions, we offer benefits that support our employees’ personal and professional lives and foster our firm culture. These offerings include a monthly work-from-home stipend, alternative transportation subsidies, secure bike storage and changing/shower facilities, community engagement opportunities and paid volunteering days, a community service scholarship, a sabbatical program, and substantial financial support for professional development, licensure, certification, and training.
Hennebery Eddy Architects, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.