Architect / Intern Architect
Company Website Hecker Architects, PS
Architect and Intern Architect with 2-5 years of single-family residential design experience, one who is creative; thinks systematically and comprehensively; draws and communicates with clarity; loves and knows elegant construction systems and details, and is passionate about being in and growing in the architectural profession.
We are a small, creative firm engaged in a wide range of planning, design and building projects, ranging from home plans to community buildings and commercial development. We care about solving the needs, and problems of people in the community. We care about energy, the environment, and mitigating/adapting to climate change.
We need a collaborative new team member who can participate within the architectural process:
• Completion of an accredited architectural degree program. Registered Architect or Participating in IDP / State of Washington.
• 2-5 years of progressively responsible architecture related experience in all phases of new and existing residential projects.
• Demonstrated knowledge of building materials, detailing, and construction techniques related engineering principals and building codes.
• Experience with a variety of project types and scales are highly desired.
• Excellent business writing and communication skills, analysis and problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Able to maintain strong attention to detail and accuracy and meet deadlines.
• Has strong sketching ability and 3-D computer skills.
• Can work independently and is disciplined and motivated.
• Interested in sustainable design, new and unusual materials, and problem solving.
We offer a wide variety of projects, growth opportunities and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, paid sick leave and more. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Email your cover letter to the email address shown above. Please write “Architect” or “Intern Architect” in subject field and attach ONE PDF (not exceeding 10mb) with your name as the file name, your resume and samples of your best work and renderings. No phone calls. You must be US Citizen or Green Card holder.