Mid-Level Interior Designer
Company Website Hacker Architects
Hacker is an architecture and interiors studio united by a desire to create spaces that enrich the world – spaces that make us feel more connected to the landscape, each other, and ourselves. Our devotion to craft and 30+ year history of environmentally progressive design, our expressive use of materials and natural light – above all, our reputation for seeking clarity and meaning in every aspect of the work – has earned us international, national, and regional design awards, top prizes in national design competitions, and publication internationally. Want to learn more? Check out our website: www.hackerarchitects.com
Hacker Architects is an equal opportunity employer and champion social equity and mentorship. We value diversity, are active in our community, and seek to be a workplace where diverse voices are represented and heard. Hacker is a Just Organization and is actively working on issues such as diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace; corporate social responsibility; and com-bating climate change. We look for employees who are interested in joining us in this important and challenging work.
Why Work at Hacker?
• We offer competitive salary and generous benefits including paid parental leave; 401k with socially responsible investment options and employer contributions; company paid volunteer time; continuing education stipends;100% medical, dental & vision, company paid disability insurance and life insurance; and FSA/HSA, and PTO, minimum 3 weeks in the first 3 years.
• We promote a work life balance and are sensitive to family and medical needs.
• As a firm, our drivers are climate and design justice.
• We focus on community architecture – libraries, academic, civic, cultural, and private commercial projects.
• We work with companies that align with our values and whom we believe can make a positive difference in the industry and beyond.
We are seeking interior designers with 8-12 years of experience to work with our team in pushing our interiors practice forward. Ideal candidates will have a background in multi-family housing and interest in diverse project types. They will have an enthusiasm for contributing to all aspects of the work – specifically the ability to translate design into compelling ideas and document them, through a collaborative process with clients, consultants, and team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
• Excellent design and technical skills
• Fluency in Revit, SketchUp, and InDesign
• Strong written and visual communication skills
• Ability to independently manage priorities and workflow, while seeking input as needed.
• NCIDQ certification holder
• Sustainable design credential(s) such as LEED, WELL, LFA
• Knowledge of, or interest in learning about, Critical Race Theory or other anti-racist / eq-uity frameworks
• Proficiency in healthy materials criteria, evaluation, and specification
• Experience using Enscape with Revit
• Knowledge of health, safety, and accessibility codes
• Establish conceptual framework for projects
• Generate design studies based on conceptual and functional criteria
• Contribute to collaborative and conceptual design dialogue
• Create compelling and informative presentations
• Present design developments to clients
• Research and specify healthy materials appropriate for project
• Develop and manage space plans and client programs
• Produce construction documents
• Collaborate with consultants and integrate their work into the design
• Creation of furniture plans, specifications and bid documents
Visit our website at www.hackerarchitects.com
To apply, please use the following link: https://hacker-architects.hiringthing.com/