Director of Architecture
Company Website Green Canopy Node
Who we are:
Green Canopy NODE is a vertically integrated construction technology firm, developer, and fund manager. Our mission is to build relationships, businesses, and homes that help regenerate communities, and environments. Our team includes a group of deeply authentic, mission-aligned people and top-talent in real estate, design, construction, technology, impact investing, and fund management. In our hearts we know a brighter, more resilient, healthy, and equitable future is possible. Together, we work to deliver a better built environment for people and the planet.
Who we’re looking for:
Green Canopy is seeking a mission-aligned director of architecture who can leverage their expertise and enthusiasm to further Green Canopy NODE’s mission by managing internal and external design team members in the creation of excellent buildings while working to integrate new technology and processes. In this position, you will represent the design team within the company be accountable for the successful execution of the design team’s work.
In this position you will:
- Lead and develop the architecture department to execute design and documentation of projects inline with project schedules, expectations of excellence, and efficiency.
- Build the design team by providing mentoring and feedback of existing members and hiring new members.
- Review and stamp drawings developed by the team
- Collaborate with all aspects of the company in the evaluation of potential opportunities and risks in the design and execution of all new development projects
- Collaborate with all aspects of the company in the development and integration of our proprietary technology
- Stay abreast of market trends, regulatory changes, construction industry trends and incorporate this information into the work of the design team
- Collaborate with company management on the continued growth and improvement of the organization
What you bring to the table:
- License to practice architecture in Washington required; license to practice in Oregon preferred
- 10 + years’ experience in an architectural work setting with management experience
- Excellent organizational and graphic, verbal, and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the Seattle Land Use Code and the Seattle entitlement process as it applies to single-family and multi-family residential projects, including experience with the Subdivision and LBA process, MUP and SEPA process, Design Review, Seattle Residential Code, Seattle Building Code, and ULS process; knowledge of the Portland Land Use Code and Portland entitlement process preferred
- Experience analyzing sites for development potential, identifying design and entitlement risks related to these projects, and producing conceptual site layouts, residential and multifamily preferred
- Experience with incorporating pre-fabrication technologies preferred
- Working knowledge of BIM systems for drawing production, Revit preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Project preferred
- An ability to delegate effectively; to empower direct reports to make decisions and take ownership of their work while also minimizing potential problems and ensuring high-quality work product.
- Systems oriented: must be able to organize the work of the design team systematically and identify opportunities for improvement in systems and processes
Position and hours:
- This is an exempt, full-time position, typically working Monday through Friday. Some hours outside of normal business hours will be required at times.
- This is temporarily a remote work position until the COVID-19 pandemic subsides. Returning to work in an office environment will be at the Company’s discretion.
- Occasional travel to project sites, local jurisdiction offices, and special events may be required.
Compensation and benefits:
- Starting annual salary between $110,000 – $140,000 annually
- Competitive annual PTO policy
- 100% employer-paid health coverage for medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees
- Company 401(k) plan
- Company-paid parental leave
- Leadership development for all employees
To help us get to know you better, please apply with the following information:
- A cover letter telling us why you would like to work with Green Canopy NODE. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
- A copy of your resume
- A copy of your portfolio
We want to connect with candidates who are excited about and want to be a part of the work we are doing at Green Canopy NODE.
Find out if YOU want to be a part of the team. Learn more at some of the links below:
Purposeful Growth Video, Mission and Values: https://www.greencanopynode.com/mission-values
Theory of Change: https://www.greencanopynode.com/impact
Regenerative Real Estate Podcast: https://chooselatitude.com/journal/aaron-fairchild
Merger Announcement: https://www.greencanopynode.com/blog/green-canopy-node-announce-merger
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Green Canopy NODE, diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to achieving our mission. We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team of individuals that is representative of the communities we serve. Our values provide the foundation for an inclusive and equitable work environment where cultural diversity and individual identities are celebrated and valued. Green Canopy NODE is proud to be a second-chance employer and welcome those with conviction histories or formerly incarcerated to apply and join us.