Design Project Manager
Company Website Green Canopy NODE
Who we are:
Green Canopy NODE is a mission-driven, vertically integrated construction technology firm, residential developer, and fund manager. The company’s mission is to build homes, relationships, and businesses that help regenerate communities and environments. Our team is a group of deeply authentic, mission-aligned people working to bring all-electric, sustainable, healthy housing to all income levels.
This is an exciting time to join our growing team! The construction industry is ripe for disruption and evolution. Leveraging our construction tech expertise and deep industry experience, our team is working on scaling construction technology to lower building costs, help decarbonize the built environment, and help our clients and partners achieve their development objectives for less time and cost.
Who we’re looking for:
We seek an experienced Design Project Manager with a deep commitment to building sustainable and resilient homes and communities. This mission-aligned individual will bring enthusiasm for design, experience with getting jurisdictional approval and interest in advancing construction with technology and off-site manufacturing. In this position, you will lead the design, documentation, and construction administration of residential projects. In this role you will be on the frontline of integrating design and offsite manufacturing construction innovations. You will succeed in this position if you can bring attention to detail, an open mind, curiosity, and an ambition to grow and learn from others personally and professionally.
What you bring to the table:
- 5 to 8 years of professional experience in an architectural work setting
- 2 years minimum experience designing and documenting single family and/or multi-family residential projects
- Hold a professional Bachelor or preferred, Master of Architecture degree
- 2 years minimum experience using Autodesk Revit in a production environment
- Proficient in Autodesk Construction Cloud
- Knowledge of the Seattle area Land Use Code and entitlement processes as it applies to single-family and multi-family residential projects
- Experience working with the Residential Code, Building Code, Energy Code, and other applicable regulations
- Must enjoy producing design and construction documents. Members of the Green Canopy NODE architectural team are both thinkers and doers who are involved in design decision making and in documenting those decisions.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be self-directed, curious, and must feel a sense of ownership and responsibility toward your work
- Must work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Preferred: Architectural License
- Preferred: Sustainable design certifications
- Preferred: Experience with Sketchup
- Preferred: Experience with MS Project
- Design and documentation:
- Design: single-family and multi-family residential structures, including project concept, spatial relationship / layout, site design, exterior concept, and vertical alignment
- Product integration: utilize internally developed products within designs in accordance with product parameters and constraints.
- Building systems: accountable for the coordinating principal building systems, including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Performance: ensure design, systems and material choices align with project and company energy and carbon goals.
- Documentation: lead the design of the project and the production of drawings and other project documents
- Internal team: accountable for directing production of high-quality design documents per GCN standards
- External consultants: accountable for obtaining proposals and contracts from design consultants; coordinate and review their work to ensure a cohesive design; ensure their work aligns to the project schedule and to GCN Standards; review consultant invoices
- Schedule: create project schedules and coordinate internal and external resources to obtain entitlements and issue project documents per the project schedule
- Cost: accountable for coordinating project design with the project budget
- Information: accountable for coordinated information flow between the design team and other GCN teams and between GCN and external consultants and regulatory agencies
- Entitlements: accountable for obtaining entitlements from regulatory agencies and utilities in a timely way
- Neighbor / community relationship: attend community meetings or review community meeting notes, obtain easements and other agreements from neighbors
- Construction administration: receive and process RFI’s and other questions during construction
- Internal: inform ongoing process and quality improvement activities
- Construction team: inform development of standard means and methods for high performance building
- Research & Development: inform architectural aspects of prefabricated solutions
- Company: provide information and co-develop ongoing process and quality improvement activities
Position and hours:
- This is an Exempt, full-time position, working approximately 40 hours per week, typically 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday. Some required work may occur outside of typical office hours, such as community meetings, design review meetings, and interactions with neighbors.
- This is a hybrid work position with an expectation of at least two days in the office per week.
- Some travel to project sites, local authority offices or other special events may be required.
Compensation and benefits:
- Starting salary range
- Licensed: between $80,000 – $95,000 annually
- Unlicensed: between $70,000 – $85,000 annually
- Employee Stock Options
- Starting annual PTO of 120 hours per year
- Monthly Technology stipend of $50
- Monthly Wellness stipend of $25
- 100% employer-paid health coverage for medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance for employees
- Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program
- Company 401(k) plan
- Company-paid parental leave for new parents
- Leadership development and training for all employees
To help us get to know you better, please apply here with the following information:
- A cover letter telling us why you would like to work with Green Canopy NODE. Submissions without a cover letter meeting this requirement will not be considered.
- A copy of your resume
- A copy of your portfolio
We want to connect with candidates who are excited about and want to be a part of the work we are doing at Green Canopy NODE.
Find out if YOU want to be a part of the team. Learn more at some of the links below:
Purposeful Growth Video, Mission and Values: https://www.greencanopynode.com/mission-values
Theory of Change: https://www.greencanopynode.com/impact
Regenerative Real Estate Podcast: https://chooselatitude.com/journal/aaron-fairchild
Merger Announcement: https://www.greencanopynode.com/blog/green-canopy-node-announce-merger
We look forward to hearing from you!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
To accomplish our mission, it is essential our team include diverse perspectives and lived experiences. Green Canopy NODE believes that cultivating a culture of belonging can help all our team members grow and thrive. We nurture an equitable and inclusive work environment through our co-created and shared set of values and through ongoing learning, education and training. Green Canopy NODE is also proud to be a second-chance employer. We acknowledge the challenges that people with conviction histories or those who are formerly incarcerated face. We are actively working to remove barriers to employment for all individuals and we do not perform background checks. We welcome you to apply and join us in our journey to become an equitable and inclusive workplace.