Retail Architectural Staff
Company Website GRAPHITE DESIGN GROUP, LLC
Graphite is a creative, award winning architecture and interior design firm based in Seattle, WA.
We are a group of architects dedicated to the idea that thoughtfully designed architecture has the ability to positively impact everyone who touches it – owners, developers, builders, tenants, and neighbors.
Our work is a mix of Retail, Retail Centers, Financial Services, Mixed-use, Commercial Office, Residential and Data Centers. We are looking for talented, creative, self-motivated individuals to be part of our design teams.
Graphite Design Group is looking for a professional level self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our growing Retail Studio as we deliver fast-paced projects located nationwide for several national retail brands.
Duties & Responsibilities
Architectural Staff is primarily responsible for supporting the project team in the development of design documentation and construction documents for projects of various scope and complexity. Under close guidance and direction from senior project team members, will be accountable for task delivery by fully completing tasks within the scheduled timeframe and budgeted hours for the project. Ensuring documents are accurate and complete while employing firm standards and adhering to the Client’s design intent.
- Assist with the development of design and construction documentation in various project phases including plans, elevations, sections and details.
- Utilize Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other applications to produce drawings, 3D renderings and technical details.
- Seek out and utilize appropriate references to research and make decisions regarding technical detailing of building systems and application of building code requirements.
- Interaction with other team members, consultants, contractors, and clients in coordinating the project design.
- Opportunities to assist in site development, plan layout design, materials selection and construction cost estimates.
- Perform some Project Architect work including consultant coordination and client interface throughout the project.
- Attend site surveys.
- Maintain regular, in-person and punctual office attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture or related field.
- Working towards Architectural License and IDP
- Two years of experience with construction document preparation, architectural design or technical development work.
- Previous experience with retail projects is desired.
- Knowledge of construction materials, standards and building codes.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Revit, AutoCAD and SketchUp and the use of these applications as a design tool is required.
- Ability to effectively execute project documentation and design intent is required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities is required.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting is required.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed is required.
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC, programs including Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office suite.
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing, and reaching.
We work hard at Graphite but recognize the importance of having fun while doing what we love. Social activities and group events are encouraged, like participating in community and volunteer events, sports teams, regular sketch group lunchtime outings, and monthly “happy hours” to celebrate new employees and birthdays, just to name a few.
We support flexible hours with our telecommuting policy while providing comprehensive and competitive benefits including full medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, 401(k) matching and a commuter subsidy.
Employee development and growth are part of Graphite’s DNA, and we provide regular learning, training, and opportunities to attend conferences of interest and report back to the greater group.
At Graphite, design is a collaborative experience in which we encourage every employee to share their creativity, whether in team charrettes or everyday work, believing the best ideas remain yet to be discovered.
If you are the successful candidate, you align with our Core Values of Integrity, Technical Know-How, Exceptional Client Service and Stewardship, and you are a positive individual who works well independently as well as part of a dynamic and highly qualified team.
Applicants that meet the job description requirements will be considered, please submit your cover letter, resume & portfolio (10mb max, no online links, PDF only) referencing Retail Architectural Staff: in the subject line of your correspondence to: Info@graphitedesigngroup.com