Company Website AIA Seattle + Seattle Design Festival
AIA Seattle seeks a paid Graphic Designer to help us communicate our programs and initiatives to our members and the public. The ideal candidate will have a discerning eye for design, love the challenge of delivering quality work on deadline, be available for a reliable part-time schedule, and have an interest in design and architecture.
The projects will range in scale and format to enhance the designer’s portfolio. This position provides the opportunity to make valuable connections in the design community that can support career development.
Work with Senior Communications Manager and Programs team to develop branding/marketing pieces for educational and awards programs, membership, exhibitions, the Seattle Design Festival, and other events; deliverables include postcards, posters, web graphics, signage, and large format banners
- Create web graphics and images for use on AIA Seattle, Seattle Design Festival, and the Center for Architecture & Design’s websites, social media platforms, and enews
- Updates of general suites of graphics for website and office collateral
- Manage the production of printed materials, working directly with the printer and mail house to stay within budget and see the job through to completion
- Work within AIA National’s brand identity guidelines
- Work within allocated budget
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to adapt to and be flexible in an ever-changing work environment
- A strong sense of professionalism and reliability
- Ability to work independently with fairly minimal supervision
- Experience working with a professional printer is preferred
- Comfortable with PC platform (AIA Seattle is a PC-based office)
Job Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who enjoys collaborating
- Ability to juggle numerous and overlapping project timelines
- Seeks out and accepts feedback
- Initiates new ideas when they see graphics could be improved or updated
This position is part-time, 20 hours a week with flexible hours, and pays $22/hour. It is the policy of AIA Seattle to seek employee diversity by providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals. We are a small office that supports flexibility, creativity, leadership and the professional development of all our staff. We are here because we all believe in what we’re doing and are excited by the prospect of helping our members make a difference in our city. All of us are involved in strategic planning and thinking about the future of the organization, and we value new ideas and perspectives that improve our work.
We actively seek applicants with a range of backgrounds, viewpoints and work styles. One of our organizational goals is to support industry-wide culture change, so that architecture and the allied professions actively attract and retain more people of color, women, and non-binary people. Through all our programs and processes, we are working to value and promote diversity. Our entire team has received training using the Intercultural Development Inventory, and we have gone through the JUST-certification process. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Apply via our JazzHR portal here, by Friday, September 24. AIA Seattle reserves the right to fill the position before the application deadline. No phone inquiries, please