Company Website GGLO
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm in Seattle, Los Angeles, and Boise, seeks a Building Information Model (BIM) Manager to support all three GGLO offices from our growing Seattle location.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscapes, and interiors, founded in 1986. GGLO has built a strong reputation for transformative and contextually sensitive design. With offices in Seattle, Los Angeles and Boise, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation.
About the Role
The BIM Manager at GGLO is responsible for managing the implementation and use of design technology applications through planning, development and maintenance of standards, training, and end user support.
A self-motivated individual with intellectual curiosity, who is a stellar team member providing daily support and facilitating staff connection, with a passion to help us to redefine what is possible.
· Industry experience with a track record for solving real-world problems in innovative ways.
· Ability to understand and communicate broad and ambitious goals while defining realistic and actionable workflows.
· A team oriented individual able to work with the Design Technology Team to lead and support a growing and evolving firm.
· Actively engaged in the AEC industry design technology community.
· Intellectual curiosity with a desire to identify new problems and opportunities.
· A self-driven desire for learning as well as teaching others. A commitment to continuously improve themselves, their projects, and the firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage the implementation of design technology applications, plugins, integrations, and customization.
· Support contracted project standards through coordination and delivery.
· Support design consultant integration and coordination for project design, construction and delivery processes.
· Mentor and support project level model managers.
· Assist project teams in project setup through BIM/Project Execution Planning.
· Provide application help desk support to resolve model performance and standards issues.
· Coordinate required hardware upgrades with the Information Technology team.
· Manage user access and licensing for all design technology applications and plugins.
· Coordinate support across all disciplines and office locations.
· Create and maintain application templates and source files.
· Assist in developing, communicating, and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards across multiple software.
· Coordinate standards for monitoring Revit model health metrics and pro-actively respond to deficiencies.
· Act as a liaison with the Quality Management team for model and document/production standards.
· Develop training curricula and resources to close identified employee skills gaps.
· Provide just-in-time design application training to staff as needed.
· Maintain high level of competency of software through continued use and education.
· Disseminate knowledge acquired through various external formats including webinars, conferences and workshops.
· Assist in evaluating the skill level of employment candidates and new hires around the use of design technology tools.
· Provide orientation on design technology tools and processes for new employees.
Planning/Research & Development
· Monitor and report on the firm’s current and projected state regarding BIM maturity and capabilities.
· Attend design technology focused industry events, including conferences, seminars, workshops and other formats.
· Maintain involvement with industry organizations such as AIA, Autodesk, and various user groups.
Organization and Effectiveness
• Manage and prioritize multiple projects.
• Demonstrate resourcefulness in problem solving.
• Follow through on tasks and projects.
Communication and Team Work
• Work effectively and fairly with a wide range of work styles.
• Professional demeanor.
• Flexibility in response to changing activity levels and firm needs.
• Anticipate the needs of others.
• Effectively give and receive information in individual and group situations.
• Produce clear, concise written and verbal communication.
• Represent GGLO through interactions with others.
• Possess comprehensive understanding of AEC design and construction processes.
• Understand the significance of the role in the overall operation of the firm.
• Knowledge of current BIM versions, implementation, configuration, customization, and maintenance
• Proficiency in application deployment and licensing
• Working understanding of Microsoft network, operating systems, and web-enabled applications
• Advanced skills in Revit, BIM 360, Rhino, and popular plugins.
• Experience with Dynamo and Grasshopper preferred.
• Experience managing and supporting Newforma Project Center preferred.
• Work is performed either sitting or standing if preferred.
• Continuously requires vision, hearing, twisting, talking.
• Requires fine dexterity to perform repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
• May include exerting up to 10 pounds occasionally or negligible weights frequently.
• Occasionally may require walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending, and crouching.
• At least seven years of experience in the building industry in architecture, engineering, or related field.
• Experience planning and managing BIM on medium to large-scale building projects.
• Proven experience with design technology across all phases of design, documentation, and construction.
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.