Marketing and Communications Manager
Company Website GGLO
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks a Marketing and Communications Manager for our Seattle office to support our expansion in multiple locations, disciplines, markets, and project types.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design. Founded in 1986, GGLO has built a strong reputation for transformative and contextually sensitive design. With offices in Boise, Seattle, and Los Angeles, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation.
About the Role
The Marketing and Communications Manager works collaboratively with our principals, under the direction of our Business Development (BD) Director, to lead a team that executes SOQs, proposals, interview media and client facing collateral, as well as marketing communications/promotional activity such as media relations, social media, website, conference exhibits, etc. The position is involved in strategic marketing communications planning with the BD Director and interacts daily with firm Principals. This key role is responsible for marketing inside the firm so the BD Director and Principals can focus on developing relationships and new business outside the firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead our marketing team in the preparation of proposals, award entries, and presentations across all offices with a focus on marketing strategy, brand consistency, quality, and efficiency.
· Partner with GGLO’s Principals in the pursuit of world-class projects, including project pursuit strategy and proposal/interview preparation.
· Collaborate with our project teams to extract, understand, and communicate our project stories.
· Assist BD Director with strategic marketing planning, including tracking and reporting on marketing KPIs.
· Steward and monitor the execution of GGLO’s brand for both internal and external audiences.
· Strategically assess and advance GGLO’s website and other marketing efforts with focus on strengthened engagement of potential clients, guests, and colleagues.
· Demonstrate the ability to lead superior graphic design, writing and editing within the marketing team.
· Manage the marketing team workflow, support business development activities of both the Seattle, Boise, and LA offices, and be a champion for GGLO’s reputation and brand.
· Strategic thinker who is willing to roll up their sleeves and perform meaningful work alongside their team.
· Grace under pressure and respect for confidentiality.
· Detail orientation and strong interpersonal communication skills are also essential to succeed in this position.
· Ability to keep both the urgent and important on track. Ability to manage and communicate ever-shifting daily priorities are the key to success in this role.
· Possess a “can-do” attitude when problem solving.
· Successfully work with a variety of different personalities across all levels of the firm.
· Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite that allows you to teach others to use it and to help the firm create and utilize best practices.
· Experience in A/E industry is preferred.
· Proficiency with Deltek Vision, Open Asset and Microsoft Teams a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field or equivalent AEC industry work experience.
· 6+ years’ experience in marketing/communications, with at least 3 years managing staff and/or consultants.
· Strong understanding of the business of architecture, interior design, landscape architecture and planning/urban design.
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with special emphasis on InDesign.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.