Company Website GGLO
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks a BIM Lead in our Seattle office to support our growth in multiple locations, disciplines, markets, and project types.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design. Founded in 1986, GGLO has built a strong reputation for transformative and contextually sensitive design. With offices in Boise, Seattle, and Los Angeles, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation.
About the Role
Every project using Revit requires a BIM Lead. The primary function is to manage the process of virtually constructing a project and documenting the design and contract documents accurately. As BIM Lead, you are required to have a thorough understanding of how Revit works and how it should be used to achieve project design and documentation goals. You will coordinate closely with the Project Architect, Design Lead, and other team members to craft how the project is setup and executed. You need to be conversant in the design process, project deliverables, production standards and building construction so the model is assembled to the appropriate Level of Development (LOD) for project milestones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Project Setup & Maintenance
· Design and document setup of the Revit model(s) and associated data to inform the design process throughout the life of the project
· Set up the primary design model and coordinate with all design disciplines for LOD requirements
at project milestones relative to the BIM Project Execution Plan (PxP)
· Coordinate with team to ensure published drawings correlate with modeled elements
· Ensure project is being modeled to agreed upon LOD for each project phase
· Verify models and drawings are produced to GGLO Production Standards
· Understand QM processes and coordinates with Quality Reviewer, PM, and Technical Lead to ensure review comments are resolved BIM Model Maintenance
• Check in with team members on regular basis (daily/weekly) on progress and needs related to technical impediments
• Review published drawings w/ Technical Lead & Project Manager for clarity
• Manage Revit family content including communicating needs for new or different families
• Establish and document file linking and shared coordinate systems
• Manage worksets and their content – at least daily
• Manage and enforce naming standards and browser organization
• Manage Revit and DWG file link visibility and worksets
• Manage View Templates and Filters
• Manage data exchange with internal team & consultant team
• Coordinate model review w/ QM team
• Review and fix (or assign team members to fix) Revit Review Warnings – at least daily
• Regularly audit, purge and compress the model – at least weekly
• Update the Project Welcome View with relevant model management information
• Regularly review the project browser for organization and delete views not placed upon sheets or not properly organized
• Primary author of the PxP
• Consult w/ Project Manager & PIC on scope of work and project schedule
• Consult w/ PM & Technical Lead on detailed project work plan
• Coach, mentor and supervise the team through the process of virtually constructing the project
• Communicate with design team and Information Systems (IS) for advice, recommendations and requirements for Revit and Production Standards and model content
• Coordinate consultant models and drawings with GGLO models and drawings
• Has authority to make final decisions on modeling direction and techniques, with Project Team input
• Understand client specific requirements for modeling including potential client end use of the model(s) post construction
· Understanding of project scope and fee as modeling requirements and LOD will impact deliverables and project financial performance
Professional Knowledge & Experience
· Coach, mentor and supervise the team through the process of virtually constructing and documenting the project
· Manage production of design documents for all project design phases
· Manage and maintain the model in accordance with established company standards
· Strong skill in verbal, written and graphic communication essential for engaging and effective teaching, and a desire to help others advance their skills in these areas.
· Strong self-directed motivation and judgment to set priorities and manage competing demands for achieving long range goals
· Highly proficient with Revit
· Familiarity with other applications associated with BIM workflows (e.g. Dynamo, AutoCAD, Revizto, Rhino, Grasshopper)
· Familiarity with MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud
· Familiarity with Deltek Vision/VantagePoint a plus
· Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related discipline
· Professional/production experience using Revit on a minimum of 3 projects mid to large scale projects
· Highly proficient using Revit in all phases of project development
· Authorized to work in the United States
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com or click Apply if visible. We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.