Company Website GGLO
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks an Architect – Project Manager for our Los Angeles location.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design. With offices in Boise, Seattle, and Los Angeles, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation. We create projects which are visionary, contextually appropriate, and culturally resonant.
About the Role
The Project Manager (PM) is a central player in the success of individual projects, contributing to the wellbeing and growth of GGLO. The PM works very closely with the Principal-in-Charge and Designers of a project, and is highly interactive with the client. As a Project Manager you need to manage the details of specific tasks, schedules, budgets, and staff while simultaneously keeping an eye on the desired end result, both in terms of the client’s vision as well as the GGLO Brand. This role is critical to the success of a project, and the on-going strength of the firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· 8 or more years of professional experience including 4+ years of direct project management
· Understanding of all aspects and phases of the architectural design and delivery process
· Expertise in developing successful work plans, fee proposals, project schedules and budget management
· Ability to develop and execute contracts with outside consultants and clients for services
· Experience in managing jobs profitably
· Understanding of jurisdictional review processes for land use and building permits in the Southern California region
· Effectively function as facilitator at public meetings and forums, with clients and managing groups
· Expertise in writing reports, business correspondence, contracts, and business development proposals
· Demonstrated ability to define, monitor and maintain control of the scope of work and services for the project including project schedule and work plan
· Understanding of Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp preferred
· Demonstrated proficiency with Deltek Vision or VantagePoint preferred
· Sustainability Accreditation preferred which could include LEED, LFA, WELL or similar
· Licensed Architect
· Experience in our core markets, specifically multifamily
· Experience building, maintaining and expanding client relationships
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project
· Effective management of team members
· Proven history of excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication and presentation skills
· Effective experience facilitating multi-disciplined collaboration
· Encouraging mentorship of less experienced staff
· Participating in marketing opportunities Currently authorized to work in the United States
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, generous time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com or click Apply button if visible. We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.