Architectural Designer II
Company Website GGLO
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks a Designer II for our Boise location to support our growth in multiple locations, disciplines, markets, and project types.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design. With offices in Boise, Seattle, and Los Angeles, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation. We create projects which are visionary, contextually appropriate, and culturally resonant.
About the Role
The primary function of the Architectural Designer II at GGLO is to support the project team in the completion of one or more multi-family/mixed-use projects in accordance with the established goals and scope of each project. This role collaborates with all team members in an effective and efficient manner, working under the direction of, and in collaboration with project team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare project documents for meetings, presentations, and submittals
· Incorporate redlines in a strategic and thorough manner
· Understand and follow GGLO’s standards of project documentation
· Model and draw accurately based on scope and phase of project
· Complete assigned tasks by deadline
· Develop and maintain proficiency with software to effectively convey design intent
· Review task list for assignments and be proactive, taking the initiative to tackle tasks and challenges
· Develop and maintain proficiency with software to effectively produce coherent design and construction documentation
Professional Knowledge & Experience
· Experience in one of GGLO’s core markets: Wood frame, multifamily, mixed-use, type I and Type II construction.
· Experience in residential design is preferred, high-rise experience a bonus
· Capable of overseeing own work with some oversight
· Experience with being a part of a collaborative, integrated team structure for all phases of work
· Revit production capable, model manager a plus
· Working knowledge of multi-family housing and other building types
· Experience with the Concept and Schematic Design process for core project types
· Experience with the production of Design Communication packages for core project types
· Experience with Land-use entitlement packages a plus
· Ability to think in 3D and understand and solve complex design issues
· Experience with Deltek Vision preferred
· LEED accreditation preferred
· Working toward licensure
· Architecture Degree or equivalent
· 3+ years of experience, 5+ preferred
· Demonstrated proficiency with Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and Windows OS
· Proven history of excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, and presentation skills
· Ability to hand sketch to communicate design concepts
· Authorization to work in the United States
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com or click Apply button if visible. We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.