Director of Human Resources
Company Website GGLO
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks a Director of Human Resources (HR) in our Seattle office to support our growth in multiple locations, disciplines, markets, and project types.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design. With offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, and Boise, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation. We create projects which are visionary, contextually appropriate, and culturally resonant.
About the Role
The Director of HR is responsible for the strategic direction of our Human Resource efforts. This position is a visionary people connector, working day to day through the lens of continually evolving the employee experience while protecting the integrity of the firm. The Director of HR manages a team of HR professionals with the goal of being a firm of choice in the AEC industry. This role requires an insatiable curiosity about people, paired with the desire to constantly improve our culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Think strategically to develop HR plans to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives
· Responsible for oversight and evolution of all HR functions including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, performance management, professional development, mentorship, and compliance
· Work closely with, and under the guidance of, GGLO’s Executive Committee and Firm Members
· Build scalable, thoughtful, and repeatable programs and tools that maximize the effectiveness of individuals and teams
· Responsible for all firmwide employment law compliance and reporting
· Develop and implement innovative compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective for the firm
· Administer the Human Resources and Training budgets by utilizing budgetary guidelines to contribute to cost-effective operation of the firm
· Lead onboarding and departing staff processes
· Oversee GGLO’s Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) efforts in collaboration with the JEDI group and Culture Principal.
· Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals
· Actively collaborate with GGLO’s Principals and Directors to implement cross-company strategies.
· Exercise initiative and independent judgment while working cross-collaboratively on multi-disciplinary issues
· Strong knowledge of the human resources function, including talent management, compensation strategy, benefits, performance, and leadership development
· Ability to successfully navigate the needs of many stakeholders
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, allocating time and resources appropriately
· Understanding of interrelationships between activities
· Understanding of the design profession and how it differs from other professional services
· Strong curiosity and approach to problem-solving
· Leadership and integrity, with comfort in making decisions
· Professional demeanor while working effectively and fairly with a wide range of work styles
· Passion for sharing knowledge and mentoring staff
· Flexibility in response to changing activity levels of firm needs
· Ability to forecast and anticipate both individual and firmwide needs
· Ability to influence change in a highly collaborative environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent experience
· Minimum 10 years in Human Resources Management
· Human Resources Certification (PHR®, SPHR®, GPHR®)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
· Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
· In-depth knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Authorized to work in the United States
· General knowledge of the professional services industry; A/E/C knowledge strongly preferred
We offer an exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. We offer mentorship programs, flexible schedules, an Emerging Professionals group, and a collaborative, supportive environment. We support a hybrid in-person and virtual environment with laptop, peripherals and software provided. We take great pride in working together both in person and remotely to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning, and innovation.
Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, building gym access, robust wellness program, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com or click “Apply” button if visible. This offer is for employment in a specific office location. However, we have three offices so if this area doesn’t quite meet your needs, we would be happy to discuss another location as well. We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.