Experienced Architectural Drafter
Company Website Ferguson Architecture
FERGUSON ARCHITECTURE of Tacoma is seeking a full-time EXPERIENCED ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTER with 7+ years of experience in a professional setting to join our fast-paced, hard-working group. We need a calm and confident production
virtuoso adept at organizing multiple project production timelines while mentoring staff and improving the overall health of our BIM management system along the way.
Day One Skills and Attributes We Want to See:
– Deep knowledge and experience in Revit and AutoCAD
– Experience working in an architectural, engineering, or related professional office
– Demonstrated experience producing architectural design and construction documents on multiple projects of
varying scales and project types
– Experience working with Project Managers during design and construction/fabrication
– Willingness and confidence to interact with team members, our partner contractors and consultants, and City
– Ability to produce drawings and organize tasks autonomously
– Strong organization abilities and communication skills
– Curiosity and self-directed problem-solving and research skills
Additional Technical Skills We Love:
– Experience with existing site as-builting, especially with hardware such as LIDAR
– Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam
– Strong graphic skills, including familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Bonus Skills and Interests We Encourage:
– Interest in obtaining professional licensure or certification
– Engagement with local professional and/or community groups
– Superpower not mentioned above that makes this position uniquely suited to you!
Ferguson Architecture is a full-service Architecture and Interiors studio specializing in private and public work throughout the Puget Sound region, with a growing reputation for innovative design and a tight-knit work culture. We are pumped about our city, our neighborhood, our people, and our personal passions, and we celebrate that our collective drive for design excellence is only one part of what allows us to thrive in life.
We offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k match, gym membership, the potential for schedule flexibility, and a rotating office DJ. Ferguson Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Note: We are not accepting remote positions – please apply only if you are capable of working in our Tacoma studio a minimum of 3 days/week.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of architectural documentation to email@example.com.