Project Architect/Project Manager
Company Website Environmental Works Community Design Center
Environmental Works Community Design Center is seeking a Project Architect/Project Manager with 8+ years’ experience to be a member of our team with opportunities for growth within our non-profit organization.
Responsibilities include: Overseeing development of project designs, construction documents production and construction administration; Communications with client and ensuring clients’ needs are met; Coordinating and overseeing the work of subconsultants; Project management including project budget and schedule oversight; Managing and guiding the work of project staff, such as interns; Code analyses.
Qualifications and skills:
- 8+ years of experience, multi-family, multi-story housing in an urban setting is a plus
- Ability to consistently work on and manage several projects simultaneously in a mostly self-directed manner
- Strong architectural design skills and the ability to present ideas in 2 and 3 dimensional form
- Working knowledge of building codes- IBC, IRC, IEBC, and ANSI
- Ability to work independently and with small groups
- Understanding of a variety construction types, foundation through finish
- Ability to develop permit and construction drawings both independently and/or working with emerging professionals
- Construction administration in both formal and informal settings
- Attention to detail, especially envelope
- Specification writing skills
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree
- Strong interest in and commitment to the mission of Environmental Works
- Flexibility to work on a variety of projects as needed
Software program knowledge:
- Microsoft Office suite
- CAD drafting proficiency –Revit knowledge required
- SpecLink proficiency a plus, but not required
Desirable qualities include: Self-motivation with a desire to learn more and share learning experiences in a collaborative atmosphere. Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.
Benefits Summary: We offer competitive salary and benefits (see benefits summary below). Environmental Works values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents and veterans to apply. Consideration for employment will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
- Salary range for this position: $70,000 – $90,000
- Medical, Vision, Dental, FSA, Disability and life insurance
- PTO time – all time is lumped into one (including sick vacation and holiday) and can be used at employee’s discretion. 5 weeks per year (17.33 hours per month). Can carry over 80 hours at the end of the year
- 403b Retirement with 3% match after one year of employment
- Continuing Education support
- Professional memberships paid at 75%.
- Flextime available with approval
- Orca pass paid in full
- JUST organization per the Living Future Institute.
About Us: Environmental Works is a nonprofit Community Design Center that provides architectural services to low-income and nonprofit clients throughout Washington State. We design affordable housing, community facilities, youth and child care centers, shelters, accessible renovations, public landscapes, and similar projects in which social, economic and environmental design are a primary focus. Our culture values office-wide collaboration and support; equity and diversity; open communication and sharing of resources; and high quality design. Environmental Works cultivates well-rounded professionals and strives to affect positive change in the world. We are committed to mentoring individuals from marginalized communities.
Please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letter-PDF- Cover letter should answer the following questions:
- Our projects benefit from diverse professional and personal experiences of our staff. What is unique about your approach to architecture?
- We are continually working to further equity and inclusion in our office and larger community through our work. How would you support this effort?
- What about our work and organization intrigues you?
- Describe your personal goals and interest in Architecture
Resume- PDF format
Portfolio- PDF or Weblink- Minimum of 3 projects. Please provide examples of drafting and detailing experience in addition to rendering and presentation drawings.