Senior Architect (10-15 Years)
Company Website Encore Architects
Senior Architect (10-15 Years Experience):
Encore Architects seeks to add a talented, self-motivated Senior Architect to our team in Seattle. This position is best suited to a generalist architect who is comfortable managing a multitude of tasks and responsibilities – we are not beholden to typical job titles and traditional firm hierarchy. The ideal candidate will possess a wide range of skills including: preparing capacity studies and presentation packages, production of contract documents and drawing details, building design and concept generation, verifying code requirements, interacting with clients, coordinating with various consultants, and monitoring quality at each milestone in the project schedule.
Encore Architects was established in 2013 and is comprised of talented people with a wide range of skills and experience. Collectively, we have 100+ built projects under our belts, including multi-family and mixed-use residential buildings, educational spaces, lifestyle centers, student housing facilities, commercial office space, and single-family homes. Our projects aim to thoughtfully respond to site and context and seek to create significant places that positively impact the human experience. We are a fun (but serious) group of people who are devoted to a creative, collaborative, and equitable work environment. We are employee-owned, and roughly half of our employees are also shareholders in the firm.
- Complete management of project development from capacity studies and schematic design through contract document production and contract administration
- Capability to successfully establish, understand and implement the project’s specific design intent from massing to technical detailing
- Possess full knowledge of the industry’s best practice expectations and maintain procedures in concert with firm-wide documentation standards
- Check for code compliance; coordinate with consultants and contractors
- Provide collaborative, professional guidance to project staff
- Permit application and tracking (EDG, MUP, DRB, etc.)
- Provide a high-level of service and attention to our clients and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture preferred
- Architectural licensure is preferred
- 10-15+ years of experience
- Strong design and technical skills
- Proficiency using Revit is required
- Adobe Creative Suite & SketchUp proficiency desired
- Experience in mixed-use and multi-family housing is a strong plus
- Extensive contract administration experience a strong plus
Compensation is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include: 100% firm-paid medical and dental insurance, generous PTO, stipends for transportation and cell phones, 401K with company match, continuing education opportunities, super-fun firm-sponsored events and happy hours, pet-friendly office, and last but not least, firm ownership opportunities.
Qualified candidates can send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Encore Architects PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.