EHDD is an award-winning firm that provides architecture, interiors, planning and urban design services for educational, residential, institutional, commercial and civic clients. We are looking for a Project Architect with exceptional design and communication skills to join our Seattle office. While the position is located in Seattle, EHDD is not a departmentalized office; instead, we are organized around each specific project, and we keep key staff on that project from beginning to end. The Project Architect will have the opportunity to collaborate with the Seattle and San Francisco teams on projects across the Pacific Northwest and California.
As a Project Architect, your role is to provide technical leadership and documentation coordination for projects of all sizes and levels of complexity. You are self-driven, resourceful and detail oriented to ensure the highest level of quality and service. Strong organizational skills, flexibility and critical thinking are necessary traits. A creative and
proactive individual who is eager to take on new challenges will thrive in this position. We emphasize the importance of having a curious, speculative nature and a unique design perspective. The ideal candidate will be prepared and eager to participate in all phases of projects and have at least 1-year minimum experience in day-to-day direct management of a project in Construction Administration.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Planning, developing, and executing technical documentation which may include interpreting, organizing, and coordinating project team assignments.
• Direct and coordinate production of schematic, design development and construction documents in collaboration with Project Manager.
• Perform construction administration duties (e.g.: RFI’s, submittals, bulletins, site observations, etc.).
• Execute applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.).
• Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff.
• Professional degree from an accredited school of architecture
• 5+ years’ experience in a design office [Architectural office preferred]
• Experience directing certain technical aspects of a project
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Collaborative and professional work ethic
• Fluency with Revit, AutoCAD and other 3D modeling software [Rhino/3DS Max]
• Advanced knowledge of the design process, construction documentation, and special
experience/knowledge of construction administration
• Strong knowledge of sustainable design principles and LEED accreditation are a plus
EHDD offers a great workplace environment and interesting building types – including aquariums, museums, academic facilities, laboratories, libraries, student housing and commercial residential developments. We offer an outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA, life and LTD insurance, 401K
match, vacation and flex days, and support for professional development.
EHDD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Please submit letter of interest, resume and samples of your work by e-mail to HR@ehdd.com and reference Project Architect – Seattle in the subject line