EHDD, a national leader in architecture, interior design, urban planning, and sustainability, is seeking a full-time Designer to join our team.
EHDD is not a departmentalized office; instead, we are organized around each specific project and we keep key staff on that project from beginning to end. Our Designers benefit from that philosophy by gaining a breadth of experience early in their career development. With direction from a licensed Architect and/or Design Principal, the
Designer II will assist in the delivery of projects from our broad portfolio from early design phases through construction. Designers have an opportunity to work on projects across the Pacific Northwest with the Seattle and San Francisco teams.
The Role: As a Designer II, your role is to work in close coordination with the project team to develop appropriate design solutions under the direction of the Project Designer and Design Principal. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to work independently and be able to support complex design projects of various types. The Designer II will be prepared and eager to participate in all phases of projects, including programming, schematic and design development, construction documents and construction administration phases.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Participate in all aspects of design from initial programming through schematic design and plan approval by client.
• Develop graphic renderings, 3D digital massing and construction drawings.
• Develop technical details and coordinate with consultants, contractors, fabricators and regulatory agencies.
• Conduct material and product research and selection.
• Participate in marketing efforts and preparation of promotional material for potential new clients.
• Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, and other vendors to meet overall project objectives.
• Professional degree from an accredited school of architecture
• 3-5 years’ experience in a design office [Architectural office preferred]
• Revit experience required
• Strong 3D visualization skills
• Ability to work independently on special assignments
• Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and 2D/ 3D software
• Strong knowledge of sustainable design principles and LEED accreditation are a plus
EHDD offers a great workplace environment and interesting building types – including aquariums, museums, academic facilities, laboratories, libraries, student housing and commercial residential developments. We offer an outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA, life and LTD insurance, 401K
match, vacation and flex days, and support for professional development.
EHDD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Please submit letter of interest, resume and samples of your work by e-mail to HR@ehdd.com and reference Designer II on the subject line.