Company Website Dovetail
Dovetail is hiring a Project Manager to perform the critical role of managing the building process of high-end, architecturally significant residential and commercial projects throughout the Puget Sound. Must have 10+ years in managing discerning clients, architects, developers, investors, building officials, contractors, and crew. Ideal candidates have experience in architecture, construction, and engineering with a proven ability to deliver exceptional multi-million dollar projects in Western Washington.
Project Management Responsibilities:
• Create thorough and comprehensive estimates.
• Prepare and present estimates to clients.
• Create value engineering and highlight client exposure.
• Create project schedules.
• Proactively manage and sign subcontracts.
• Coordinate utility, environmental, topographical, and geotechnical site investigations.
• Prepare and present weekly project cost and schedule summary report.
• Prepare for and conduct weekly meetings.
• Prepare and review cost estimates, change orders, and applications for payment.
• Delegate responsibilities to superintendent, hold them accountable for systems and processes.
• Monitor information gathering through the clarifications log.
• Keep unbillable hours low/minimize write-offs.
• Use our cloud-based file structure.
• Approve and manage timecards weekly.
• Deliver projects on time.
• Close projects with high quality standards.
• Understand and have successfully managed residential and commercial projects.
• Comprehend preconstruction and construction documents.
• Adept with city and county processes, permits, zoning, and procedures.
• Accurately review shop drawings and submittals.
• Expertise with both modern and traditional materials, details, and techniques.
• Expertise with high performance building and techniques.
Core Values and Leadership:
• Maintain high quality standards.
• Consistent project organization.
• Maintain client relations and site decorum.
• Create site positivity.
• Promote a culture of safety.
• Environmental sustainability.
• Promote a teaching and learning culture.
• Create site urgency.
• Handle adversity.
• Aggressively manage schedule during a push.
• Cultivate projects.
• 10+ year of experience leading and motivating a team with successful results.
• Excellent administrative skills.
• Professional knowledge of construction practices, permitting, zoning, environmental testing/abatement, construction and architectural contracts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and facilitation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, cloud-based systems, Docusign, Bluebeam.
Dovetail’s mission is to build the best, with the finest craftspeople who are committed to impeccable quality, environmental sustainability, and lasting relationships. Since 1991, Dovetail has been crafting fine residential and commercial buildings throughout the Puget Sound. We specialize in custom, complex, architecturally significant projects, with an FSC certified woodshop and custom metal shop to support bespoke designs.
Our expertise ranges from large-scale foundation work, structural steel, and architectural concrete to fine finish carpentry and custom furniture. Dovetail’s management is dedicated to honest, open communication and leads with an inspired mission and vision. Here, we pursue our vocations and are committed to the success of each employee. Dovetail is a growing company that is building beautiful work with great people.
1. $90-$120+K, DOE
2. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision
3. Paid vacation
4. 401K after waiting period
Apply: Please email email@example.com with cover letter & resume outlining work history, employment dates, and references with “Project Manager” in the subject line.