Company Website Dovetail
Dovetail is hiring a Project Engineer who is well versed in the field of high-end, architecturally significant residential building. Must show examples of relevant project and team experience on $1 million-plus high-design projects in Western Washington. Must have experience assisting or driving estimating, submittals, RFIs, change agreements, and subcontracts. Must be technically skilled and computer proficient (e.g., Bluebeam, Microsoft Excel, Smartsheet, CAD programs), have excellent communication and time management skills. Must be a team player, have a passion for architecture and construction, and be motivated to learn and improve.
• 2-year minimum experience as PE on $1 million-plus projects.
• Technically savvy with software proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Bluebeam, scheduling systems, and cloud-based software. Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit and SketchUp/Rhino preferred.
• Well versed in the field of architecturally significant residential, commercial, and high-performance building.
• Experienced estimating, material take offs, RFIs, submittals, and change agreements.
• Knowledge of materials and a passion for sourcing.
• Ability to interpret and build construction drawings and specifications.
• Excellent time management and communication skills, willingness to ask questions.
• Must be able to keep accurate records.
• Detail oriented.
• Proactive problem solver.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be willing to do what it takes to hit deadlines.
Dovetail’s mission is to be the best builder with the finest craftspeople who are all committed to impeccable quality, environmental sustainability, and lasting relationships. Since 1991 Dovetail has been crafting fine residential and commercial projects throughout the Puget Sound. We specialize in custom, complex, architecturally significant projects, with an FSC certified wood shop and custom metal shop to support bespoke designs..
Dovetail’s management is dedicated to honest, open communication and leads with an inspired mission and vision. Here, we pursue our vocations and are committed to the success of each employee. Dovetail is a growing company that is building beautiful work with great people.
1. $70-$85K, DOE
2. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision
3. Paid vacation
4. 401K after waiting period
Contact: Please email “email@example.com” with cover letter & resume outlining work history, employment dates, and references with “Project Engineer” in the subject line.