Director of Interior Design
Company Website SABArchitects, Inc.
Director of Interior Design
The Company: SABArchitects is a vibrant architecture and interior design firm located on the south bank of the Lake Washington Ship Canal in Seattle, Washington. We are seeking energetic staff members who are interested in taking themselves and SABA to the next level. SABA’s success rests in our deep respect for our staff and our clients. For our staff, we provide a fun, collaborative, and supportive place to work where you can go as far as your abilities and drive can take you. For our clients, we listen carefully and apply all of our design, technical, and management skills to deliver projects that meet their goals.
SABA is a regional leader in the design of high-tech offices, healthcare facilities, research and development labs, and early education centers. Our clients include; Amazon, Fred Hutch, The Nature Conservancy, Bright Horizons, Juno Therapeutics, Novo Nordisk, Seattle Children’s Hospital, Virginia Mason Hospital, and Kaiser Permanente.
The Position: Director of Interior Design
- Lead project teams with an acuity for overall design intent and execution
- Provide mentorship and direction to SABA’s broader Interiors Team
- Programming and space planning
- Conceptualizing and developing concept options
- Lead planning conversations and respond to client needs
- Produce documents for permit and construction in a team environment
- Develop finishes and FF&E packages
- Actively participate in construction administration
- Actively participate in staffing and hiring strategies for Interiors Team
- Potential to participate in business development and marketing efforts
- Attend industry events as an ambassador for Interior’s Team
- Potential for West Coast travel
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- 10+ years industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using Revit & AutoCAD
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud software
- A collaborative nature and a desire to see all team members succeed
- Motivated self-starter with an ability to plan work and monitor project performance
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
Remote work policies:
SABA is excited to offer long-term remote policies allowing for flexibility. We allow team members to work 3 days per week from a location of the employees choosing provided the location meets the professional needs outlined in our ‘Remote Work Strategy’ documentation. At times, project needs may result in temporary adjustments to service our clients during deadlines and key project milestones. SABA employees are expected to reside within commuting distance of the office.
SABA’s overall compensation package includes competitive salary, discretionary bonus, healthcare, dental, vision, disability insurance, 401K with corporate match, professional licensing exam support, continuing education support, professional dues support, locker rooms with showers, secure bicycle and kayak storage, and remote working flexibility. SABA is also proud to offer access to the SABA CoLab, an innovation center housing our resource library and design incubation spaces.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org