Designer | Intern Architect
Company Website Floisand Studio
Floisand Studio is looking for a full-time entry-junior level designer/architect to join us. You’ll work closely with firm principals to design and–over time–manage projects from pre-design through construction.
We are a close-knit firm where savvy and self-motivated people do well. Our employees gain a breadth of experience by working on all aspects of a project. We value career development and make it a priority to integrate employees into all facets of the design process from early client discussions and schematic design to on-site construction facilitation. You won’t be trapped in the office behind a computer.
Floisand Studio is a 5-person architecture firm located in SODO. We are an office of problem solvers working on a fairly even mix of commercial and residential projects. For more information about our firm and our work please visit our website at www.floisandstudio.com.
The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, have excellent design skills, enjoy collaborating on all aspects of design, and will have the following skills and qualifications:
• A professional degree in architecture
• Creativity and attentiveness to detail
• Excellent design and communication skills: graphic, verbal, and written
• Advanced to expert proficiency with SketchUp and rendering software (such as Enscape) and the ability to develop and maintain 3D models at all stages of design
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite
• Proactiveness and ability to switch between projects in different phases of development
• Able to freehand sketch on the fly
Compensation: We value work/life balance and offer flexible hours commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes: medical, vision and dental insurance coverage; paid time off; professional licensing support; continuing education opportunities; and a 1 month sabbatical after 5 years.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and portfolio to: