Company Website MZA
MZA is a growing architectural design firm with offices located in Bellevue, Washington and Shanghai, China. We are committed to delivering quality documents, outstanding design, and innovation at all levels. We provide opportunities for professional growth, a voice in the operation of an award-winning design firm, and exposure to all aspects of professional practice.
MZA is seeking a Design Associate in our Bellevue office with experience in any or all of the following markets: Commercial Mixed-Use, Multi-Family Residential, and Hospitality, including high-rise, mid-rise, and low-rise buildings of concrete, steel, and/or wood frame construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing actively in supporting the design framework of projects as part of a team.
- Exhibiting an excellent understanding of the design philosophy of projects and client needs, then relating assigned tasks to that philosophy.
- Generating quality and creative design concepts in a fast moving environment.
- Presenting design ideas quickly through graphics visual expression: either 3D modeling or hand sketches.
- Contributing to detailed preparation of design and construction documents and solutions to general architectural problems.
- Working with project team members to check on and coordinate details and dimensions.
- Collaborating across disciplines to ensure well-coordinated and designed projects.
- Participate in important client communications and videoconferencing that occasionally occur after hours.
- Takes responsibility for their work and its outcomes
- Demonstrates diligence and commitment to their role and responsibilities
Please note this job description contains only a partial listing of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program or graduate of four-year program
- Minimum of two years experience in preparation of conceptual, schematic and design development, and construction documents and materials.
- Experience in design development, architectural design, documentation, and detailing on a wide variety of projects.
- General knowledge of architectural practice including site planning, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical engineering and construction costs.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques related engineering principles and building codes.
- Ability to translate complex designs into clear, concise details and construction documents.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling such as Revit, Rhino, sketch up and 3D Studio Max; Rendering using mental ray or vRay; drafting in AutoCAD Architecture 2012 or later; developing presentation materials in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Please submit your letter of interest, resume, and samples of work to: Kevin Sutton, at email@example.com