Company Website CTA Design Builders - Architecture & Interiors
We’re looking for an architect with a professional degree and a minimum of 5+ years of experience to join our design team and grow into a leadership position in our established custom residential firm.
We have a small architectural office in Fremont and on Lake Union specializing in a range of custom residential work: new homes, major to minor remodels, additions and ADU’s. We have built our successful firm on a foundation of healthy work ethics and family-friendly employment policies and our 25+ years of building and hands-on construction experience is evident in our design work. We also play an active role during the building process with our contractor partners which enables us to consistently maintain a high level of building quality in our projects, occasionally including fun and unique fabrication details.
We seek a team member who is eager for growth opportunities and who would be excited to take on projects of their own as their skills allow. We are comfortable with flexible hours, foster staff camaraderie in a studio environment, and encourage personal engagement in educational and community interests outside the office.
A strong candidate can demonstrate:
- Experience in taking a high-end residential project from beginning through end, including design, construction details, specifications, and interior finishes.
- A working knowledge of local codes and permitting processes around the Greater Seattle metro area.
- Ability to work with peers, plans examiners, homeowners, engineers, inspectors, & contractors, and the confidence to manage and guide the project and the players through to completion.
- A fundamental but strong understanding of structures and construction processes.
- ArchiCAD (preferred) or Revit competency.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Confidence and interest to continue learning and working independently on your projects.
- Ease with interpersonal relationships including staff, consultant, plans examiners, and client management.
- Willingness to contribute to other efforts, such as marketing.
- Sense of humor & camaraderie, AND a high level of personal motivation.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Employer-matching retirement plan
- Paid time off plus paid sick/personal leave and paid holidays
- Compensation for educational workshops and classes
- Easy commute – adjacent to Burke Gilman Trail (we are working remotely for now)
- Group office lunches and celebrations
- Office outings to job sites, industry events, lectures, Architects Without Borders presentations, and and more
We (typially) close down the office for a week during the winter holidays.
Check out our website to see the type of projects you might work on and our blog for the latest and greatest work on the boards, plus the topics and values we’re interested in: https://www.ctabuilds.com
Please reply with a cover letter, resume and sample of your work to: email@example.com. No phone calls please