MID-CAREER RESIDENTIAL ARCHITECT
Company Website CTA Design Builders - Architecture & Interiors
MID-CAREER RESIDENTIAL ARCHITECT
We’re looking for a mid-career architect with a professional degree and a minimum of 5+ years of residential experience to join our design team. We expect this person to grow into a leadership position in our established custom residential firm.
We have a small architectural office in Fremont and on Lake Union specializing in a range of custom residential work: new homes, major remodels, additions and ADU’s. We have built our successful firm on a foundation of healthy work ethics and family-friendly employment policies. Our 25+ years of design, building and hands-on construction experience is evident in our work. We play an active role during the building process with our contractor partners which enables us to consistently maintain a high level of building quality in our projects, occasionally including fun and unique fabrication details.
We seek a team member who is eager for growth opportunities and who would be excited to take on projects of their own. We are comfortable with flexible hours, foster staff camaraderie in a studio environment, and encourage personal engagement in educational and community interests outside the office.
A strong candidate can demonstrate:
- Experience and skill in taking on a high-end residential project from the beginning, including client management, design, production & construction detailing, interior finishes, and specifications.
- Experience in guiding projects through the construction process, including working with clients, consultants, contractors, subcontractors. & inspectors.
- Ease with interpersonal relationships with clients, peers, consultants, staff & plans examiners.
- A working knowledge of local codes and permitting processes around the Greater Seattle metro area.
- Confidence & skill to manage and guide the project and the players through to completion, including budget management.
- A fundamental but strong understanding of structures and construction processes.
- ArchiCAD experience preferred or Revit competency.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Interest and drive to continue learning.
- Motivation to contribute to other efforts, such as marketing and staff growth.
- Sense of humor & camaraderie
Our benefits include:
- High level of personal & professional growth potential
- Competitive pay with established raises
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Employer-matching retirement plan
- Paid time off plus paid sick/personal leave and paid holidays
- Compensation for educational workshops and classes
- Easy commute – adjacent to Burke Gilman Trail (we are working remotely for now)
- Group office learning lunches and celebrations
- Office outings to job sites, industry events, lectures, Architects Without Borders presentations, and more
- We (typially) close down the office for a week during the winter holidays.
Check out our website to see the type of projects you might work on and our blog for the latest and greatest work on the boards, plus the topics and values we’re interested in: https://www.ctabuilds.com
Please reply with a cover letter, resume and sample of your work to: email@example.com. No phone calls please