Company Website Cone Architecture
To be certain, these are daunting times we are living in. Through it all, Cone Architecture remains optimistic about the future and is as busy as ever. Therefore, we are seeking an experienced, talented, and self-motivated Architect-In-Training to join our team. To start, this position would be on a remote basis while we all prioritize community health and practice socially distant ways of working.
Cone Architecture is an established and growing firm of 15 experienced architects and designers with a passion for high-density, thoughtfully designed urban housing. Our work is primarily residential in nature with a focus on clean, modern design. We are seeking a full-time Architect-In-Training, who under the supervision of licensed Architects and Project Managers, will design and document various project types from single family residences, multi-family housing and apartment buildings, to small commercial projects such as restaurants and bars. The Architect-In-Training will support projects with exceptional design thinking and research, as well as with beautiful project imagery and documentation. Previous experience permitting multi-family projects with the Seattle DCI is highly desirable, but not required. Successful candidates will have a minimum of 2 years’ professional experience and possess:
- A Bachelor of Architecture or higher degree
- Strong 3D Graphic skills
- A proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience creating and coordinating building permit plan sets
- A working knowledge of building codes and construction documentation
- An ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- An ability to work individually and collaboratively
- An ability to think creatively and solve complex problems
- Exceptional communication skills for working directly with team members and clients
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
Cone Architecture offers competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package, including a Safe Harbor 401k Plan with up to a 4% employer match, as well as an annual professional development stipend. Please send your letter of interest, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.