Building Code Analyst II or III
Company Website Code Unlimited LLC
We are a fast-paced code consulting firm with offices in Oregon, Washington, and Colorado. We are seeking a Building Code Analyst II or III to work in Portland, Seattle or Denver. Our client list ranges from notable architecture firms, to large government entities, and prominent private businesses. We are the go to firm for design projects large and small that has the trust and respect of local authorities.
As a Building Code Analyst you will be the subject matter expert on a team or a leader on a team of experts. Your duties may include but not limited to:
• Perform building code and accessibility compliance evaluation of existing buildings and new buildings for projects of varying complexity and at various stages of completion.
• Write building & fire code reports, smoke control reports, fire analysis for engineering judgment letters, code interpretations, perform accessibility inspections and write reports, develop and write alternate compliance requests.
• Prepare and present on technical issues internally and externally to clients and jurisdictions.
• Prepare proposals, lead team meetings, lead client meetings, manage projects, review project invoices, and perform quality assurance reviews.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in architecture
ABILITIES & WORK EXPERIENCE:
• 5-10 years of experience in building departments of an AHJ or in architecture or construction firms.
• Able to lead multiple projects simultaneously. Experienced in using project management tools, developing proposals, project estimates, task delegation, and task management.
• Past direct experience of preparing code summary sheets, preparing code analysis & code interpretations, responding to plan review comments, and managing medium size projects.
• Strong analytical skills, research abilities, and technical writing and report writing skills in building codes, fire codes, and accessibility.
• Demonstrated proficiency in building codes plus good understanding of one or more of these building and fire codes & standards – IFC, IMC, NEC, IPC, IEEC, ADA, NFPA 55, NFPA 30, etc.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.