Building Information Model (BIM) Manager
Company Website LMN Architects
The BIM Manager is responsible for the maintenance and technical support of office-wide BIM (Revit) and design technology systems. The BIM Manager will assist the firm in the effective use of design technologies to maintain LMN’s role as a leader in innovative design solutions.
Our culture and our approach to the delivery of projects are one and the same. We are led by ten partners who are deeply involved in the day-to-day practice; sitting within the project teams and contributing to a culture where everyone has a voice. Operating as a single studio, teams are organized around the needs of a project ensuring a rich mix of expertise and diversity of talent. LMN is small enough that we can get to know all our colleagues but large enough to have the resources to complete projects of scale.
- Oversee and maintain office-wide BIM and design technology systems.
- Coordinate and provide on-going application training.
- Assist with general design technology related helpdesk tasks including maintenance and roll out of software.
- Support projects with the necessary information and resources.
- Ensure that project models are set-up and maintained according to firm standards.
- Maintain firm BIM standards and documentation.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of Revit families.
- Provide leadership to the firm’s Revit support group.
- Interface with the LMN IT group, assist in hardware benchmarking, and provide forecasts of design technology related expenditures.
- Interface with LMN Tech Studio to foster integration of emerging design technologies with the design technology production platform.
- Five years of experience in architecture, engineering or construction related field.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk Revit.
- Aptitude for programming and customizing Revit API preferred.
- Knowledge of Rhino, Grasshopper, Autodesk Navisworks Manage, Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Inventor, AutoLISP, Visual Basic and/or Script Writing a plus.
LMN is an internationally recognized design practice made up of architects, interior designers and planners passionate about design and dedicated to collaboration. We are a single office of approximately 140 people located in Seattle. Our focus is on creating buildings and places that enrich communities and the public realm across a diversity of project types—including education, convention centers, performing arts, commercial mixed-use, high-rise residential and transit facilities. In recognition of the quality of our work and professional leadership, LMN received the 2016 AIA Architecture Firm Award, the highest national honor bestowed upon an architectural practice. More information on LMN is available on our website at www.lmnarchitects.com.
LMN expects all employees to support its equal employment opportunity policy and is committed to fostering a workplace where everyone can work in a productive, respectful and professional environment. LMN does not tolerate discrimination against its employees on the basis of their race, sex/gender, religion/creed, political ideology, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetics/genetic markers, military or Veteran status, sexual orientation, actual or perceived status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.