Company Website Bettisworth North Architects and Planners
Bettisworth North Architects and Planners seeks an experienced licensed architect for our Anchorage, Alaska office.
For those pursuing relevance in their professional lives, a company that provides opportunities to be actively involved in community development, and a place where your work makes a difference, our progressive firm seeks design professionals for long-term employment.
You will actively participate in our collaborative design process, mentoring our staff and working with clients, consultants, and community members on diverse and exciting building and community development projects. Bettisworth North is a multi-disciplinary firm, and your role will include teaming with our landscape architects and interior designers to create holistic designs.
Your experience managing projects and design teams, including being responsible for client contact, specifications, detailing, schedules, and budgets is required. This experience should include reading and understanding architectural and engineering drawings, sketches, and information, and the ability to communicate with other disciplines to clarify and coordinate project efforts. You will be familiar with and able to research code and standard requirements and incorporate them into project design. The ability to redline and manage in-office production staff to produce architectural plan sets and details, as well as produce such documents yourself, is required.
- Work closely with firm principals and senior project managers to manage projects. This includes working through all project tasks, from programming with direct client involvement to managing design and documents to ensure project success.
- Assist in mentoring and being a technical resource for other architectural team members.
- Review projects for quality control and constructability. Work closely with project architects and interns.
- Effectively manage projects, including project timelines and manpower budgets. Update principals frequently on project status.
- Interface and coordinate with contractors, subconsultants, and specialty design partners.
- Participate and assist in marketing the firm, including preparing proposals for new work, representing the firm at public functions attended by clients and colleagues, and cultivating the firm’s position as Alaska’s Community Builders™.
To succeed in this job, an individual must be able to perform essential functions. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Eight to 10 years of project experience is preferred. Specialized certifications and related coursework a plus.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate so others clearly understand your ideas and directions.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction documents, including but not limited to architectural, landscape architectural, interior design, civil, mechanical, electrical, and structural drawings.
- Ability to travel throughout Alaska to meet project needs.
- Ability to work after normal office hours on limited basis as required for project needs.
- Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Proficient with common software applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite.
Our family-oriented team of Alaska’s Community Builders™ enjoys a warm and friendly work environment. We have annual ski days, team-building and social events, wellness activities, and frequent opportunities to connect and volunteer in the community. Comprehensive benefits are provided, along with flexibility and personalized professional development to advance your career.
Where You’ll Be Working
This position is based in our Anchorage office (limited travel required to our Fairbanks office). We are located in a new modern office in the heart of Anchorage’s midtown area, surrounded by amazing food, local shops, 360-degree views of the city, and mountains and the ocean to explore in our backyard. Our Fairbanks studio is near downtown Fairbanks on the banks of the beautiful Chena River.
Bettisworth North is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To join our team as a full-time Senior Architect, send us a message via our website at www.bettisworthnorth.com/joinourteam, apply online via Indeed, or email your resume with three references to email@example.com, attn: Mark Kimerer, HR Director.