Company Website BBT Architects
ABOUT BBT ARCHITECTS:
Over the past 40 years, BBT Architects has developed a dynamic architectural practice with a diverse portfolio of public, commercial, interior design, and planning projects. Across the state of Oregon, we have developed a reputation for a thoughtful approach that promotes meaningful interactions. Our collaborative process focuses on conversation and curiosity. We believe that embedding these ideas in our every action makes for better design, a more vibrant work culture, and enduring client relationships. As community members and community makers, our team is motivated and passionate about creating spaces that connect people to place while preserving resources.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We have an opening for a full-time Project Architect. The position requires 10-15+ years of experience and a professional degree in architecture. Successful candidates will demonstrate leadership and organizational skills in their ability to execute project(s) and represent the firm with clients. The ability to communicate to the project teams and adjust to changing project requirements is critical.
Excellent design, technical, written, and verbal communication skills are essential. K- 12 education and/or higher education experience is a plus.
- Manage project(s) from initial programming through construction completion
- Supervise staff for design and drafting /detailing of schematic, design development, and construction documents
- Prepare and issue project documents (proposals, conditions reports, project manuals, meeting minutes, etc.)
- Manage interface with contractors from early pricing to bidding through construction completion
- Communication and coordination with architectural team, contractor, consultants, building owner, and/or representative
- Contract administration (scope, schedule and budget management)
- Proficient: Revit and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Sketchup, SpecLink, and Smartsheet preferred
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects with attention to detail
- Highly developed design, technical, and documentation skills
- Ability to produce fully detailed and thoroughly coordinated construction documents
- Experience with construction administration and working with contractors
- Direct experience communicating with clients, consultants, and regulatory agencies
- Working knowledge of building and zoning codes
- ADA & ANSI knowledge
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience on large commercial and institutional preferred
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Generally, have 10-15+ years of relevant experience in an architecture firm (including a minimum of 5-10 years in a role for Project Architect)
- A professional degree from an accredited architecture program
- License to practice architecture in the State of Oregon
- K-12 or higher education experience is a plus
- LEED accreditation or WELL AP is a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our culture is team oriented and collaborative. We value hardworking people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on those around them. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a robust benefits package. Benefits package includes health, vision, dental, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, optional cafeteria plan, and a retirement plan with company contributions.
BBT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to developing a diverse team and cultivating an inclusive environment.
For more information about BBT, please visit us at www.bbtarchitects.com. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
For consideration, please submit cover letter (stating availability), resume (please do not include a headshot), and portfolio in a single PDF of no more than 10 MB to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Project Architect” in the subject line.