Company Website BBT Architects
ABOUT BBT ARCHITECTS:
Over the past 40 years, BBT Architects has developed a dynamic architectural practice with a diverse portfolio of public, commercial, interior design, and planning projects. Across the state of Oregon, we have developed a reputation for a thoughtful approach that promotes meaningful interactions. Our collaborative process focuses on conversation and curiosity. We believe that embedding these ideas in our every action makes for better design, a more vibrant work culture, and enduring client relationships. As community members and community makers, our team is motivated and passionate about creating spaces that connect people to place while preserving resources.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We have an opening for an enthusiastic and technically savvy Design Staff who is passionate about design and takes ownership of design concept development. The ability to communicate and collaborate with the project team and adjust to changing project requirements is critical. The position requires 3-5 years of experience in an architecture firm.
K-12, higher education, and/or TI experience is a plus.
- Opportunities to participate in early design stages on interesting design problems and projects
- Work with team to envision the concept story, project narrative and graphics for concept and design development presentations
- Responsible for production of design documents, presentation and/or construction documents
- Develop design from sketches, layouts and details
- Responsible for production of 3D renderings
- Perform field surveys and verification and assist with construction administration
- Required: Advanced modeling, drafting, and technical skills in Revit
- Proficient: Sketch-up, Photoshop, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite with openness to learn new software
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- Can multitask and with ability to efficiently work across several projects and initiatives
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and budget time with a positive demeanor
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and visual)
- Knowledge of detailing and construction methods
- Experience on large commercial and institutional projects is a plus
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited architecture program
- 3-5 years of experience in an architecture firm
- LEED accreditation or WELL AP is a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our culture is team oriented and collaborative. We value hardworking people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on those around them. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a robust benefits package. Benefits package includes health, vision, dental, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, optional cafeteria plan, and a retirement plan with company contributions.
BBT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to developing a diverse team and cultivating an inclusive environment.
For more information about BBT, please visit us at www.bbtarchitects.com. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Please send a cover letter stating availability, resume, and work samples in a single PDF of no more than 10 mb to email@example.com, with “Design Staff” in the subject line.