Company Website BBT Architects
ABOUT BBT ARCHITECTS:
BBT is a collective of individuals who listen, relate, and implement. With a purpose and passion to bring thoughtful, healthy buildings to life, we are both community members and community makers – at home in Bend and building beyond.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We have an opening for a full-time Project Architect who is passionate about design and takes ownership of design concept development. The position requires 10-15 years of experience and a professional degree in architecture. Successful candidates will demonstrate leadership and organizational skills in their ability to execute a project and represent the firm with clients. The ability to communicate to the project team and adjust to changing project requirements is critical. Excellent design, technical, written, and verbal communication skills are essential. K-12 education and/or higher education experience is a plus.
- Manage projects from initial programming through construction completion
- Supervise staff for design and drafting / detailing of schematic, design development, and construction documents
- Prepare and issue project documents (proposals, conditions reports, project manuals, meeting minutes, etc.)
- Manage interface with contractors from early pricing to bidding, through construction completion
- Communication and coordination with architectural team, contractor, consultants, building owner and/or representative
- Contract administration (scope, schedule and budget management)
Required: Advanced modeling, drafting, and technical skills in Revit
Proficient: AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite; Sketch-up experience is a plus
Ability to coordinate multiple projects with attention to detail
Highly developed design, technical, and documentation skills
Ability to produce fully detailed and thoroughly coordinated construction documents
Experience with construction administration and working with contractors
Direct experience communicating with clients, consultants, and regulatory agencies
Working knowledge of building and zoning codes
ADA & ANSI knowledge
Proven leadership skills
Experience on large commercial and institutional preferred
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in an architecture firm (including a minimum of 3-5 years in a role for Project Architect)
- A professional degree from an accredited architecture program
- License to practice Architecture in the State of Oregon
- K-12 or higher education experience is a plus
- LEED accreditation or WELL AP is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our culture is team oriented and collaborative. We value hardworking people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on those around them. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package includes health, vision, dental, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, optional cafeteria plan, and a retirement plan with company contributions.
To learn more about BBT, please visit us at www.bbtarchitects.com.
Please send a cover letter stating availability, resume, and work samples in a single PDF of no more than 10 mb to email@example.com, with “Project Architect” in the subject line. We are an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls or walk-ins please.