Sr. Architect / Project Architect
Company Website Bassetti Architects
Bassetti Architects is a vibrant firm of talented and inspired individuals with offices in Seattle and Portland. We design projects that fall under four primary categories: civic, historical, cultural, and most frequently education. We are passionate about fostering healthy learning environments that support the unique emotional needs of students. Our designs focus on sustainability, equity, community, and flexibility. Each building that we design is a unique reflection of the client’s needs, but always incorporates a rigorous community engagement process.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Architect for our Seattle office. The Ideal candidate is passionate about architecture, has a strong design sensibility, technical abilities, and expertise in designing K-12 facilities.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for providing team management and technical leadership for medium- and large-scale public works projects; and should be able to succeed in all project phases; from pre-design through project closeout.
- Responsible for construction documents, including code analysis, permitting process coordination, and consultant coordination.
- Communicating clearly and efficiently with both the design team and the client group
- Work to meet the project budget and project schedule.
- Work directly with the Principal in Charge on all aspects of the project.
- Coordinate the work of the consultant team.
- Participate to project pursuits and general marketing efforts.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in architecture.
- 10+ years of experience in a range of architectural skills.
- Licensed to practice architecture in a minimum of one state.
- Proficiency with Revit, Excel, and Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Ability to work creatively in a collaborative environment during all phases of design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with K-12 projects is critical.
- LEED certification is desirable, as well as demonstration of a strong understanding of sustainable design.
- We promote a spirit of inclusion.
- We work together and play together.
- We encourage volunteering among staff members.
- We celebrate innovation.
- We have multiple offices.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits including a 401(k) retirement plan, medical and dental insurance, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, and an FSA plan.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that supports diversity and mentorship.
Qualified candidates should submit a PDF including a cover letter, resume, and work samples via email to HR@Bassettiarch.com.
Please visit our website for additional information about our firm: www.Bassettiarch.com