ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN STAFF – ENTRY LEVEL 1-3 YRS. Experience
Company Website Bassetti Architects
Bassetti Architects is a vibrant firm of talented and inspired individuals with offices in Seattle and Portland. We design projects that fall under four primary categories: civic, historical, cultural, and most frequently education. We are passionate about fostering healthy learning environments that support the unique emotional needs of students. Our designs focus on sustainability, equity, community, and flexibility. Each building that we design is a unique reflection of the client’s needs, but always incorporates a rigorous community engagement process.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Design Staff with 1-3 years of experience for our Seattle office. The ideal candidate is passionate about architecture and K-12 design, has a strong design sensibility, and technical abilities.
Entry Level Specific Expectations
- Document design concepts and diagrams related to a small project specific site and program or a portion of a larger project under the direction of a licensed Architect.
- Research, compile, and record information as required by project work.
- Prepare design and construction documents for all phases of small projects or assigned portions of larger projects under the close supervision of a licensed Architect.
Level I Specific Expectations
- All items listed above.
- Create design concepts and diagrams related to the project specific site and program.
- Exhibit understanding of design concept and produce design documentation to support that concept.
- Generate technically proficient detail solutions to architectural problems.
- Prepare design and construction documents.
Level II Specific Expectations
- All items listed above.
- Review and comment on the technical specifications.
- Contribute to writing reports for feasibility analysis, master plan’s, and building condition assessment’s.
- Review and provide comments on cost estimates and other consultants reports or documents.
- Coordinate documentation with project team and consultants.
- Provide primary construction administration services or assist the construction administration team which can include interface with owner, contractor, and consultants.
- College Graduate with 1-3 years of experience.
- Must be proficient with current version of Revit BIM software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Should be knowledgeable about sustainable strategies.
- We promote a spirit of inclusion.
- We work together and play together.
- We encourage volunteering among staff members.
- We celebrate innovation.
- We have offices in Seattle and Portland and travel is sometime required.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits including a 401(k) retirement plan, medical and dental insurance, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, and an FSA plan.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that supports diversity, equity and inclusion.
Qualified candidates should submit a PDF including a cover letter, resume, and work samples via email to HR@Bassettiarch.com.
Please visit our website for additional information about our firm: www.Bassettiarch.com