Company Website Bassetti Architects
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to HR@Bassettiarch.com.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Specifications Writer for our Seattle or Portland office. The ideal candidate is passionate about producing coordinated Project Manuals that seamlessly linked with the drawings and appreciates the process of articulating design and quality control through the specification process. The candidate should also possess a keen interest in team collaboration, attention to detail and the ability to balance many responsibilities at one a time.
- Hybrid schedule; must be local to area.
- Develop technical specifications Project Manuals for projects by collaborating and coordinating with project teams and consultants to ensure a seamless flow of information from drawings to specifications.
- Develop technical specifications per industry standards established by CSI MasterFormat.
- Develop and integrate sustainable protocols into our specifications by collaborating with our Sustainability Group.
- Support construction administration team(s) to ensure that the design intent is met during construction.
- Research new, innovative products and update the firm with important specifications related changes.
- Update and maintain office guide specifications.
- Assist in integrating specifications with Revit through e-SPECS by Delteck.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- 5+ years of specifications writing experience.
- The ability to utilize e-SPECS as a specifications writing tool is a plus.
- Licensed Architect or CCS (Certified Construction Specifier) is a plus.
- Understanding of the selection and integration of building systems.
- Understanding of public project delivery and requirements.
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple overlapping tasks/deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possesses a friendly, collaborative demeanor and enjoys working with others in a creative environment toward shared goals.
In addition to providing staff’s membership in professional organizations and attendance at educational programs, we offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package that includes the following.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Employee sponsored medical (PPO and High Deductible with HSA), dental and vision coverage.
- Long-term disability insurance and, life insurance.
- FSA plan with option for dependent care.
- PTO and 9 paid holidays.
- Flexible work arrangements.
In addition, Bassetti is proud to offer paid parental leave as we believe in offering equitable opportunities and sustaining our employees’ families.
Salary Range: $85,000-$120,000
Bassetti Architects is a vibrant firm of talented individuals with offices in Seattle and Portland. Specializing in educational and civic work, Bassetti is motivated by projects that create healthy and lively communities. Our design approach shapes buildings that responsively interact with their environment, honestly express materials and methods of their construction, and genuinely enrich their programs and the people they serve. Our offices are open and collaborative spaces that foster personal and professional growth through continuing education, social activities, and volunteer opportunities. We strive to foster an environment where questions are encouraged and ideas jumpstart exploration.