Senior Architect / Project Architect
Company Website Bassetti Architects
Bassetti Architects is a vibrant firm of talented individuals with offices in Seattle and Portland. Specializing in educational and civic work, Bassetti is motivated by projects that create healthy and lively communities. Our design approach shapes buildings that responsively interact with their environment, honestly express materials and methods of their construction, and genuinely enrich their programs and the people they serve. Our offices are open and collaborative spaces that foster personal and professional growth through continuing education, social activities, and volunteer opportunities. We strive to foster an environment where questions are encouraged and ideas jumpstart exploration.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Architect/Project Architect for our Seattle office. The Ideal candidate is passionate about architecture, has a strong design sensibility, and technical abilities.
The Project Architect (PA) shall coordinate all technical and code aspects of a project with their team and work collaboratively with the Project Manager to maintain the project schedule and project budget. The PA will oversee major deadlines and all deliverables and will ensure that the QA/QC processes are closely monitored and closed out at every phase. They work closely with the Design Principal (DP) or Principal-in-Charge (PIC) to develop the project direction and implement design decisions.
The PA is involved in work acquisition through their participation in proposals, interviews, or by attending/speaking at conferences. The PA is also generally informed about project/marketing opportunities, construction cost trends, other significant projects inside and outside the firm, and is encouraged to be involved with professional organizations.
- Oversee the production of project deliverables.
- Review code compliance.
- Coordinate permit deliverables with the AHJ.
- Develop design and technical solutions with the Principal and/or the design lead in a collaborative approach with all members of the team.
- Participate in the QA/QC of the project.
- Create and maintains staff responsibilities plan and deliverable ‘cartoon’ set.
- Ensure the deliverables meet the contractual requirements at every phase of the project.
- Participate in the consultant meetings and other critical project meetings.
- Implement design options and technical directions.
- Review the technical specifications for completeness and accuracy.
- Review cost estimate and participate in VE process and cost reconciliation with the Project Manager.
- Oversee consultant coordination and performance.
- Control project communication.
- Control project documentation in collaboration with Project Manager.
- Professionally represent the firm to clients and maintain client satisfaction.
- Oversee Construction Contract Administration process in collaboration with Project Manager.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent years of experience under a licensed Architect’s supervision.
- Minimum of 10 years’ of experience in a range of architectural skills.
- Licensed to practice architecture in a minimum of one state.
- Familiar or proficient with current versions of Revit BIM, Excel, Smartsheets and Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Ability to work creatively in a collaborative environment during all phases of design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with K-12 projects a plus.
- LEED certification is desirable, as well as demonstration of a strong understanding of sustainable design.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching.
- 100% employee paid medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- FSA plan with the option for dependent care.
- Paid parental leave.
- PTO and 9 paid holidays.
Qualified candidates should submit a PDF including a cover letter, resume, and work samples via email to HR@Bassettiarch.com.