Project Architect/Project manager
Company Website b9 architects
Striving for excellence, collaboration, and forward-thinking design, b9 architects advocates for, density, sustainability and equity. We believe in being co-operative, sharing the opportunity, growth and responsibility of the company with all members of the team. We engage with and change the urban fabric of the neighborhoods we work in, innovating in every project. Experts in housing and permitting processes, we work on a range of residential and commercial projects throughout Seattle’s neighborhoods and the Puget Sound area. b9 architects cultivates positive change through exceptional solutions, each one designed to its specific location.
We are looking for a driven and experienced individual for a Project Architect/Project Manager position. Ideal candidates are inspired by site-specific design opportunities and are dedicated to collaboration with peers, clients, consultants and municipalities. Ideal candidates have 8+ years of experience in the industry. Experience with 4 to 8 story, multi-family project types through the entire process, including construction phase services, in Seattle is a must. Candidates should also share the desire to mentor a team of professionals at all levels of their career, possess a growth mindset, and be committed to expanding their expertise.
At b9 architects, we are deeply committed to the Professional Development of every team member. With a clear vision of your professional goals, our team can help you grow quickly in the industry, consistently improve your abilities, and open new opportunities within the practice including project leadership, client interface, and participation in practice management.
Project Architect/Project Manager
- Lead several projects concurrently with varied sized teams, supporting the design, documentation process, coordinating consultants, communicating with clients, and supporting construction teams.
- Prioritize and delegate the design and documentation of a variety of project types, most regularly multi-family residential, and single family homes using BIM Software, ArchiCAD. Training on ArchiCAD can be provided for an easy transition from Revit or other software. Experience with ArchiCAD is a plus.
- Manage project schedules and goals with Principal and Client, and ensure each project meets specific targets and budgets.
- Mentor and engage with the b9 team to discover new opportunities to advance your own knowledge, skill and expertise, and those of each team member of b9 architects.
- Focused on design, sustainability, community, density and affordability; all while working to keep projects within budgets.
- Engaged with the greater Seattle design community through teaching, student juries, hosted events, independent research, and legislative advocacy.
- Research based projects, like “Urban +” a study of a potential urban infill pattern, found on our website.
- Collaborative Studio-like Environment – Work closely with groups of people, from entry-level staff to the Principal/Owner, in each project you undertake. (Largely remote, work-from-home, at the time being)
- Technology and Employee Focused – We are primarily working remotely from our homes during the Governor’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy Initiative. All employees are provided a robust Work From Home setup, similar to the workstation found in our offices, including laptop, keyboard, chair and secondary display.Our BIM software can access project files remotely via the Teamwork tool allowing us to collaborate over distance. Communication occurs in daily half-hour video staff meetings, regular check-ins, and over communication tools like Slack and Google MeetGmail.
- Advocacy Based Decision Maker – Committed to advocating for urban issues specific to housing policy in design.
- Competitive Benefits – Including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k, and Vacation/Holiday Pay, with Continuing Education Stipend and Hours
- We look forward to sharing our storefront office in historic Pioneer Square with you in the future, providing access to some of the best restaurants in the city, Sounders, Mariners, Seahawks games, and local music.
Please submit by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls or drop offs) a PDF of your portfolio/work samples, cover letter and resume. (Max: 10MB)