Project Architect/Project Manager
Company Website b9 architects
b9 architects is growing its dynamic Seattle team. We are looking for a Project Architect/Project Manager with 6 – 10 years of experience who can immediately contribute enthusiasm and professionalism to our vibrant office environment, with specific technical expertise in design, documentation, and construction oversight in multi-family and commercial projects. Candidates should also have expertise in compliance with local codes and in coordination with consultants and municipalities.
A small, process driven practice, b9 architects is committed to excellence, collaboration, and critical thinking. b9 architects advocates for forward-thinking design, density, sustainability and equity. Our office studio culture is cooperative and we cultivate and share the opportunity, growth and responsibility of the organization with all members of our team. We support the professional development and growth of each individual and encourage participation in all aspects of the practice. With a clear vision of your professional goals, our team can help you grow quickly in the industry, consistently improve your abilities, and open new opportunities within the practice including project leadership, client interface, and participation in practice management.
We actively engage with and seek opportunities to positively affect the urban fabric of the neighborhoods we work in, innovating in every project. Experts in housing and permitting processes, we work on a range of residential and commercial projects throughout Seattle’s neighborhoods and the Puget Sound area. b9 architects cultivates positive change through exceptional solutions, each one designed to its specific location.
We are looking for a driven and experienced individual for a Project Architect position. Ideal candidates are:
- Inspired by site-specific design opportunities.
- Dedicated to collaboration with peers, clients, consultants and municipalities.
- Have 5+ years of experience in the industry.
- Experienced with 4 to 8 story, multi-family project types through the entire process, including construction phase services, in Seattle.
- Possess a growth mindset and are committed to expanding their expertis
The Role: Project Architect/Project Manager
- Lead multiple projects concurrently at varied stages of development, working with varied sized teams, supporting the design, documentation process, coordinating consultants, communicating with clients, and supporting construction teams.
- Prioritize, manage and delegate the design and documentation of a variety of project types, most regularly multi-family residential, and single-family homes using BIM Software, ArchiCAD. Training on ArchiCAD can be provided for an easy transition from Revit or other software. Experience with ArchiCAD is a plus.
- Mentor and engage with the b9 team to discover new opportunities to advance your own knowledge, skill and expertise, and those of each team member of b9 architects.
- Engaged with the greater Seattle design community through teaching, student juries, hosted events, independent research, and legislative advocacy specific to urban issues and housing policy.
- Research based projects, like “Urban +” a study of a potential urban infill pattern, found on our website.
- Collaborative Studio-like Environment – Work closely with groups of people, from entry-level staff to the Principal/Owner, in each project you undertake. (Primarily remote, work-from-home currently)
- Employee Focused – We are primarily working remotely from our homes during the Governor’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy Initiative. All employees are provided a robust Work From Home setup, similar to the workstation found in our offices, including laptop, keyboard, office chair and secondary display.
- Technology Focused – A robust IT network supports our workflow and office culture. Our BIM software accesses project files remotely allowing us to collaborate over distance. Communication occurs in daily half-hour video staff meetings, regular check-ins, and over tools like Slack and Google Meet.
- Competitive Benefits – Including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k, and Vacation/Holiday Pay, with Continuing Education Stipend and Hours
Please submit by email only to email@example.com (no phone calls or drop offs) a PDF of your portfolio/work samples, cover letter and resume. (Max: 10MB)
Consistent with existing city, state and federal laws, b9 architects is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on a person’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression/identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or political ideology, or that of his/her/their relatives, friends, or associates.