Company Website Graphite Design Group
Architectural Staff is an entry-level position in which you will be primarily responsible for supporting your project team in the development of design documentation and construction documents for a wide range of project scope and complexity. Under close guidance and direction from senior project team members, you will be accountable fully completing tasks within the scheduled timeframe and budgeted hours, ensuring documents are accurate and complete while employing firm standards and adhering to the Client’s design intent.
General expectations may include the following, depending on skillset and personal career goals:
- Assist with the development of design and construction documentation in various project phases including plans, elevations, sections and details.
- Seek out and utilize appropriate resources and references with the office to research and make decisions regarding technical detailing of building systems and application of building code requirements.
- Support the Project Architect with consultant coordination and client interface throughout the project.
- Utilize Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other applications to produce drawings, 3D renderings and technical details.
- Support the Project Designer in the development of design studies and presentation graphics.
- Maintain pleasant interaction Graphite team members, consultants, contractors, and clients in coordinating the project design.
- Attend site surveys as may be needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture or related field.
- Working towards Architectural License and IDP.
- Prior internship and/or work experience including construction document preparation, architectural design or technical detailing is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of construction materials, standards and building codes.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Revit, AutoCAD and SketchUp, and their use as design tools.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office suite.
- Effectively executes project documentation and design intent as directed.
- Effectively manages task deadlines and priorities.
- Actively participates and collaborates in a project team setting.
- Completes tasks with accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Works with integrity, trust, and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing, and reaching.
We work hard at Graphite but recognize the importance of having fun while doing what we love. Social activities and group events are encouraged, such as participating in community and volunteer events, various sports teams, sketch group lunchtime outings, and monthly “happy hours” to celebrate new employees and birthdays and decompress in a comfortable social setting, just to name a few.
We support flexible hours with our telecommuting policy while providing comprehensive and competitive benefits including full medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, 401(k) matching and a commuter subsidy.
Employee development and growth are part of Graphite’s DNA, and we provide regular opportunities for learning, training, and attendance to conferences of interest with a report back to the greater group.
At Graphite, design is a collaborative experience in which we encourage every employee to share their creativity, whether in team charrettes or everyday work, believing the best ideas remain yet to be discovered.
The successful candidate will align with our Core Values of Integrity, Technical Know-How, Exceptional Client Service and Stewardship, a positive individual who works well both independently and as part of a dynamic, highly qualified team.
Applicants that meet the job description requirements will be considered, please submit your cover letter, resume & portfolio (10mb max, no online links, PDF only) referencing “Architectural Staff” in the subject line of your correspondence to: Info@graphitedesigngroup.com
Graphite is a creative, award winning architecture and interior design firm based in Seattle, WA.
We are a group of architects dedicated to the idea that thoughtfully designed architecture has the ability to positively impact everyone who touches it – owners, developers, builders, tenants, and neighbors alike.
Our work is a mix of Commercial Office, Mixed-use, High and Low-rise Residential, Retail stores and programs, Retail Centers, Financial Services, Data Centers, and Community Centers in support of Graphite’s charitable endeavors. We are looking for talented, creative, inquisitive, and self-motivated individuals to join our like-minded design team.