Architectural Project Manager
Company Website Mahlum Architects
Mahlum is a community of practice which envisions a world where healthy human and environmental systems thrive. Stand with Us. In our firms’ collective work, which ranges from community, cultural, healthcare, K-12, and higher education facilities, we value inclusiveness and strive to nurture underrepresented voices in our collaborative engagement. We seek work that serves the whole rather than the individual as we believe in the power of design to connect us to each other and to the earth. We take seriously the responsibility to use resources wisely, selecting locally made products, designing low-impact building systems, and ensuring resource conservation for all project types. Come join us.
Our Project Managers are a primary point of contact for our clients, along with facilitating and collaborating with the project design team. This multifaceted role requires excellent design perspective with balanced business judgement. We have opportunities in our Portland and Seattle Studios for individuals who love it when a plan comes together.
- Manage projects on all levels from planning and design through construction administration
- Provide primary client contact
- Manage coordination with partners, vendors, consultants
- Collaborate and provide facilitation for design teams
- Manage budgets and invoices
- Guide the project team through programming, conceptual design, and provide support through construction administration
- Participate in staffing and coordinating resources across the firm
- An experienced architect with at least seven years of firm experience
- Licensed, preferably in Oregon or Washington
- Experienced with client and contractor relationships
- Experienced with the higher education or K-12 markets
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Skilled Revit, MS Excel, Adobe CS, Deltek Vision
Mahlum is a culture committed to sustainability, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We recognize the power a diverse workforce brings to our organization and support a positive and welcoming environment. We provide competitive compensation, pay 100% of our employee’s benefits costs, and are committed to an ongoing flexible work environment where our staff will continue to have in-office and remote work options. Come join us.