Company Website Weinstein A+U
Weinstein A+U is an award-winning firm based in Seattle, and the recipient of the 2019 AIA Northwest and Pacific Region Firm Award. Our design approach delivers disciplined and thoughtful projects, and our firm has been recognized for design excellence on a broad spectrum of project types, including multi- and single-family residential, adaptive reuse, commercial, and public sector projects. Our 27-person office is in a beautifully rehabilitated, brick-walled studio in an historic building near Pike Place Market, which promotes an open, collaborative work environment. We are currently working in a hybrid mode, with a flexible choice of days in-office.
We are seeking a well-rounded Architectural Designer who is excited to join our team.
We value a rigorous and rational approach to design, and encourage open communication, team sharing, and design input from all our architects and designers. Our firm size, generalist approach, and wide range of project types promotes long-term career exploration and growth.
We are seeking:
- a rigorous designer with an attention to detail
- a collaborator able to work effectively both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- a problem-solver with strong organizational skills
- a graphic and verbal communicator
- an individual eager to learn
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working in a small team environment on project documentation at all phases
- Working with a Project Lead on construction contract management
- Taking a leadership role in selected project elements, identifying and resolving design challenges which support the overall design intent
- Maintaining close communication with the team’s Project Manager to ensure that work is appropriately and productively focused on priority tasks and adhering to the design schedule
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited University Architecture Program
- 3-6 years of post-graduate experience working in architecture
- Demonstrated proficiency with IBC
Experience in multi-family and high-end single family residential work is preferred, but not required.
While we expect you to be as adept with a pencil or pen as you are with a computer, BIM experience is a plus and ArchiCAD ideal. No matter your experience, our full-time BIM Manager will provide training and ongoing support.
We require that applicants be able to legally work in the US. We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
Weinstein A+U offers a competitive compensation package with the following benefits:
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Flexible work schedules
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Participation in Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, transportation, parking and daycare
- Participation in a 401(k) retirement plan (traditional or Roth)
- Subsidized educational, training and mentorship opportunities
To learn more about us, please visit our website at:
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, résumé, references, and recent work samples (including a description of your role and specific involvement in each project) as a single PDF (max 12MB) to: email@example.com. Please include “Architectural Designer” and your name in the subject line. We will contact selected candidates to arrange an interview and therefore ask that you do not follow up with phone calls or drop-ins.
Weinstein A+U is committed to maintaining an equitable, inclusive and non-discriminatory workplace. We strive for a diverse staff for the varied perspective this brings to better serve our clients and the communities affected by our work. We believe in representing communities in an authentic way, our firm motto being “shaping communities, one thoughtful building at a time.”