Architect: Multifamily Project Manager
Company Website Board & Vellum
Board & Vellum is looking for an awesome person to work with us as an experienced Project Manager on our multifamily projects. You’ll be working on all aspects of design, including project acquisition, project documentation, and project management. In our multidisciplinary firm, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with other architects, interior designers, and landscape architects, on projects large and small — including taking part in our open crit culture across other disciplines and sectors. You may be asked to step in to support our residential and commercial work, as well.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture, or commensurate working experience in the industry.
- Experience with Built Green, Passive House, or other sustainable practices earns bonus points.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign), and Microsoft Office, along with a general comfort with technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-honed graphic presentation and visual communication skills.
- Desire to be involved in every phase of projects.
- Proactive, engaged, and able to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Passionate about asking questions and engaging in critique.
- Dedicated to a practice of constant learning and continuing education.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary, creative environment.
- Approximately 10+ years of experience.
- Ability to help run and support multifamily projects ranging from 50-200 units.
- Ability to facilitate and track projects through jurisdictional permitting processes.
- Ability to track and manage project scope, fee, and schedule.
- Natural team player with a desire to mentor less-experienced team members.
- Experience in, and desire to, continue working on construction contract administration.
- Familiarity with International Building Code and permitting processes is key.
- Ability to support multiple projects of varying size.
- Desire to work on retail, commercial, and residential projects on occasion.
- Excellent client care skills.
- Excellent grasp of assembling contract documents.
- Business development experience and continued interest in developing relationships with quality multifamily clients.
- Desire to be involved in every phase of projects from project management to construction contract administration.
We value flexible working hours, treating each other with respect, having fun, maintaining a work/life balance, bad jokes, and speaking in a language our clients can understand. We offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid professional memberships; 401k matching; paid time to volunteer in your community; four weeks of vacation; holiday and discretionary time; free ORCA pass; wellness reimbursement; and a bunch of damn great people to work with (albeit mostly virtually at the moment).
Board & Vellum is a dog-friendly office, and a non-smoking environment. Part of our commitment to the health of our office community includes required COVID-19 vaccinations for all employees. Our office is on Capitol Hill, within walking distance to all the fun stuff you want to do, but initially, you will be working from home. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Compensation will be commensurate with professional work experience. This opportunity does not offer visa support.
To be considered for an open position, please send a résumé and cover letter (we really read them), along with samples of your work to: email@example.com.
Please, no phone calls regarding career opportunities.