Architect/Designer for Custom Homes
Company Website Studio Zerbey Architects
Are you interested in working for a small architecture and interior design firm focused on thoughtfully detailed custom homes and remodels throughout the west coast US?
Founded in 2012, Studio Zerbey is a design-oriented architecture firm located in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle. We’re growing our team of four by adding another architect or designer. We’re flexible on your experience level and mostly interested in hiring good people with a desire to excel and grow as a part of our team. Our current work includes highly detailed custom homes starting construction this year and new design starts for custom homes in local areas such as Bainbridge Island, Phinney Ridge, and Ballard as well as projects in California and Montana. We are a full-service architecture and interior design firm involved in projects from the pre-design phase throughout completion of construction, including contract negotiations and construction administration. Each of our projects start with a response to the site, the client’s budget and program, and end with a comprehensive construction drawing set which includes thoughtfully coordinated consultant drawings, full interior design, lighting and electrical design, a thorough collection of enlarged details and specifications.
Ideal candidates should have all or most of the following:
- Integrity, dependability, efficient communication, and a decent sense of humor
- A professional degree in architecture
- Technical experience in developing permit submittals and detailing custom homes
- A good eye for design composition and working knowledge of residential construction methods
Bonus points for candidates who have:
- Working knowledge of ArchiCAD or the ability to learn ArchiCAD from our team
- Experience with VR, Lumion or Enscape
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work closely with two design principals/mentors on all aspects of our workflow
- The best hardware and software available to do our work, whether in the office or working from home
- Flexible hours for those who prefer to work from home or work part-time and will consider mostly remote work for candidates with more experience
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, and yearly bonuses
- A well-balanced office culture that values our employees lives outside of the office. Our office is conveniently located in a neighborhood with plenty of parking and easy access to local gems such as Take 5 Market and Mainstay Provisions
- A goofy golden retriever named Gus, who will joyfully greet you each day
All Studio Zerbey team members are fully vaccinated and boosted. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccinations. We are currently working in the office, but happy to accommodate remote working conditions based on personal preference or if COVID transmission levels change.
Please email your resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, including work samples and all relevant software experience. We look forward to meeting you and will respond to all applicants who are a good fit.