Architect/Designer for Custom Homes
Company Website Studio Zerbey Architects
Are you interested in working for a boutique, high-tech architecture and interior design firm focused on thoughtfully detailed custom homes and remodels throughout the west coast US?
Studio Zerbey is a design-oriented architecture firm located in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle. We’re growing our team of four by adding another architect or designer with approximately 2-12 years of experience. We’re flexible on experience level and mostly interested in hiring good people with a desire to excel and grow as a part of our team. Our current work includes three highly detailed custom homes starting construction this summer and a slew of new projects just getting started, including custom homes on Bainbridge Island, Phinney Ridge, Carmel, and Lake Washington. We are a full-service architecture and interior design firm involved in projects from the pre-design phase throughout completion of construction, including contract negotiations and construction administration. We leverage technology to its fullest including our own BIM server and custom workstations on a 10Gb LAN and VPN for remote work. Each of our projects start with a response to the site, the client’s budget and program, and end with a comprehensive construction drawing set which includes thoughtfully coordinated consultant drawings, full interior design, lighting and electrical design, a thorough collection of enlarged details and specifications.
Ideal candidates should have all or most of the following:
- Integrity, dependability, efficient communication, and a decent sense of humor
- A professional degree in architecture
- Technical experience in developing permit submittals and detailing custom homes
- A good eye for design composition and working knowledge of residential construction methods
Bonus points for candidates who have:
- Working knowledge of ArchiCAD or the ability to learn ArchiCAD from our team
- Experience with VR and rendering programs such as Lumion or Enscape
- Experience coordinating consultant drawings with BlueBeam
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work closely with two design principals/mentors on all aspects of our workflow
- The best hardware and software available to do our work
- Flexible hours for those who prefer to work from home or work part-time and will consider fully remote work for candidates with the right experience
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, and holidays
- A well-balanced office culture who values our employees lives outside of the office
All Studio Zerbey team members are fully vaccinated and boosted. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccinations. Before the pandemic, we built a detached office and conference room with workshop in our backyard. At the beginning of the pandemic, we upgraded our HVAC system to have UV-C lights, MERV 16 filters, and an Air Scrubber. Each workstation has a desktop HEPA filter and we have a large HEPA filter in the conference room. Check out our website for the project titled “Backyard Home Office + Workshop” to see the space.
Please email your resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, including work samples and all relevant software experience. We look forward to meeting you and will respond to all applicants who are a good fit.