Architect: Custom Residential
Company Website Board & Vellum
Board & Vellum is looking for an awesome person to work with us as an architect or designer on single-family, custom residential projects. Most of our work is in the Pacific Northwest, especially the Greater Seattle Area, so experience with design and documentation in this region is a huge plus. You’ll have the opportunity to work on all phases of projects from design through construction. In our multidisciplinary firm, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with other architects, interior designers, and landscape architects, on projects large and small — including taking part in our open crit culture across other disciplines and sectors.
- Working experience of 5-9 years.
- Familiarity with single-family residential codes and permitting in Seattle is a huge plus.
- Ability to support multiple projects of varying size/scale/budget.
- Confidence with hand-sketching (and leveraging it digitally) gets bonus points.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture, or commensurate working experience in the industry.
- Experience with Built Green, Passive House, or other sustainable practices earns bonus points.
- Proficiency in Revit (very important), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign), and Microsoft Office, along with a general comfort with technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-honed graphic presentation and visual communication skills.
- Desire to be involved in every phase of projects.
- Proactive, engaged, and able to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Passionate about asking questions and engaging in critique.
- Dedicated to a practice of constant learning and continuing education.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary, creative environment.
We value flexible working hours, treating each other with respect, having fun, maintaining a work/life balance, bad jokes, and speaking in a language our clients can understand. We offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid professional memberships; 401k matching; paid time to volunteer in your community; four weeks of vacation; holiday and discretionary time; free ORCA pass; wellness reimbursement; and a bunch of damn great people to work with (albeit mostly virtually at the moment).
Board & Vellum is a dog-friendly office, and a non-smoking environment. Part of our commitment to the health of our office community includes required COVID-19 vaccinations for all employees. Our office is on Capitol Hill, within walking distance to all the fun stuff you want to do, but initially, you will be working from home. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Compensation will be commensurate with professional work experience. This opportunity does not offer visa support.
To be considered for an open position, please send a résumé and cover letter (we really read them), along with samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no phone calls regarding career opportunities.