Architect: Custom Residential Design
Company Website Board & Vellum
POSITION TITLE: Architect: Custom Residential Design
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
Board & Vellum is an integrated design firm of Architects, Landscape Architects, and Interior Designers that work collaboratively across disciplines to produce work that betters our neighborhoods. Our diverse project portfolio includes residential, multifamily, commercial, retail, and civic projects.
Board & Vellum is looking for hard-working, talented, and awesome people to join our team. We are currently seeking a Project Architect and Manager to work in our custom residential studio. You’ll be working on all aspects of design, including project acquisition, project documentation, and project management for our single family clients.
Your personality and attitude will be more important than your skill set; however, please aim to have the following qualifications:
- Approximately 7+ years of relevant experience, ideally in the Seattle area.
- Ability to help run and support custom residential projects and mentor and work with team members.
- Familiarity with Seattle Residential Building Code and permitting processes is key.
- Experience with Built Green or Passive House gets bonus points.
- Professional license desired. (If you’re nearing completion please apply.)
- Experience in, and desire to, continue working on construction administration.
- Excellent client care and business development skills.
- Excellent grasp of assembling contract documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Be self–sufficient, and able to handle multiple projects and tasks.
We value flexible working hours, treating each other with respect, having fun, maintaining a work/life balance, bad jokes, and speaking in a language our clients can understand. We offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid professional memberships; 401k matching; four weeks’ vacation, holiday and discretionary time; and a bunch of damn great people to work with (albeit virtually at the moment). Board & Vellum is a non-smoking environment. Our office is on Capitol Hill, within walking distance to all the fun stuff you want to do, but initially, you will be working from home (thanks pandemic!). Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Compensation will be commensurate with professional work experience.
To be considered for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter (we really read them), along with samples of your work to: email@example.com.