Company Website Heliotrope Architects
Heliotrope is a design-oriented architectural practice located in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle looking to hire a project architect to work on custom residential commissions as well as commercial commissions in the retail, hospitality, and food & beverage categories throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
You would be joining a team of creative, curious designers striving to create memorable spaces that resonate with those who encounter them. We foster dynamic collaborations with our clients, consultants, contractors, and fabricators to develop design solutions that are approachable, responsive to place, and exemplify a sophisticated simplicity. We seek solutions that are low-impact, sustainable, and make their surroundings better by their existence. We strive for a quality that weathers well and a sense of heritage that is built into our work from the beginning. We are signatories of the 2030 Challenge and looking for team members who share a passion to meet those goals.
We have designed our work environment and developed a staff culture that facilitates the development of exceptional work. Our culture is supportive, collaborative and strives to make each of our team members feel safe, treated fairly, and recognized as valued members of the team.
· 8-20 years of experience, with much of that experience in custom single-family residential, hospitality or commercial TI
· Extensive knowledge in construction documentation, specifications, and detailing
· Experience in Construction Administration and submittal reviews
· Degree in architecture preferred
· Licensed is preferred but not required
· Comfortable in either Revit or AutoCad
· Fluent in SketchUp & Bluebeam
· Familiar with working with SDCI and building/energy code updates
· Can work both independently and collaborate with other team members, consultants, and contractors
· Mentor less-experienced team members
· Works through all phases of project delivery
· Preference is given to local candidates in the Seattle area, or able to easily relocate to Seattle
Email a coverletter, resume and portfolio as a single PDF