Principal, Healthcare Market Leader
Company Website Ankrom Moisan
Primary Goal: Provide business development strategy and oversee project delivery that enables the Ankrom Moisan Healthcare sector to prosper and grow in Washington.
- Business Development & Sector Leadership
- Continuously lead and pursue Business Development (BD) opportunities for market expansions and growth.
- Attend and contribute to all Firm BD meetings.
- Conduct market research and ongoing client / consultant outreach to gain insight into market and AM performance.
- Maintain active involvement with local healthcare industry key players.
- Lead and collaborate to advance the sector BD planning and strategic efforts across all disciplines and regions.
- Report to the Board of Directors with recommendations for sector strategy and revenue projections.
- Engage in industry events to promote the firm and build new relationships.
- Lead and collaborate with Marketing Team in proposal development and all aspects of project pursuits.
- Seek out opportunities for thought leadership, public relations, and speak at conferences.
- Project Leadership
- Through projects, build and maintain positive and long-lasting client relationships.
- Collaborate with design teams on a wide range of healthcare projects.
- Lead and collaborate with design teams in determining client’s overall goals and strategies.
- Lead and collaborate on workshop facilitation with clients and clinical stakeholder groups.
- Work with project teams and end users to outline process flows, critical adjacencies, and medical planning.
- Collaborate with project managers on project delivery methods, client management and fee, schedule management.
- Negotiate contracts including scope and fee with clients and major consultants.
- Mentor teams regarding code research and assessment.
- Review and stamp contract documents for permit and construction.
- Team Management & Leadership
- Champion the firm’s vision, mission, and values, advancing the firm’s culture.
- Grow, lead, and mentor a large team of professionals working on multiple healthcare projects.
- Provide leadership and responsibility for the financial performance of the healthcare team.
- Conduct PEP meetings (quarterly performance and goal conversations) with healthcare team members and provide support to facilitate their career growth and development.
- Build successful project teams by overseeing and supporting efficient staffing efforts and by sharing staff with other management teams and offices.
- Encourage and guide design and operational improvement initiatives for the healthcare team.
- 15+ years’ experience minimum working on healthcare projects
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.A. Arch) or above required.
- Must hold professional architecture license (Washington required, additional states preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Seattle area healthcare industry and clients.
- Demonstrated experience with creating and maintaining positive relationships with clients and consultants.
- Experience in the design and planning of complex healthcare projects in both inpatient and outpatient care environments.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with Lean design strategies (Previous Lean facilitation a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to work with end users and local AHJ requirements to define, develop and finalize project space programs.
- Ability to resolve project-related technical problems through sound decision-making, judgement, research, and collaboration
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (DOH, FGI, ADA, IBC, OSHPD)
- Demonstrated experience with negotiating contracts and fee proposals, as a client’s trusted advisor.
- Strong financial leadership in all aspects of projects.
- Proficiency working in Revit, MS Office, Bluebeam Studio and Smartsheet
Ankrom Moisan Vision
Our Vision is to inspire and empower people to explore beyond the expected.
Ankrom Moisan is committed to providing superior service and award-winning designs for our clients in a dynamic, collaborative, team environment. We believe that dedication, cooperation, and open communication are keys to client satisfaction.
Our culture is grounded in the following values and behaviors:
- Lead with your heart: Care for people and let them care for you. Seek fulfillment. Work with purpose to improve the world we share.
- Share Openly: We’re better when we work together, encouraging each other’s passions.
- Embrace Change: Be prepared to let ideas go. Open up to the new- that’s how we progress as a team.
- Have Fun With it: Work Playfully. Be curious and unpretentious. Enjoy the process.
- Be Yourself: Be honest and approachable, don’t let your ego get in the way.
- Trust: Use the freedom and opportunities you’ve been given. Listen with intention and do what you say.
This position is based in our Seattle office, which is a well-designed, open-office environment with sit stand desks and plenty of conference facilities and private conversation rooms. This position will occasionally require in person out client meetings and jobsite visits. This position may be eligible for part time remote work. Remote work must comply with all aspects of Ankrom Moisan’s Remote Work policy.
Please submit a portfolio with your application. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.