Seattle Central Waterfront
To realize what is perhaps our single greatest opportunity to create a fresh connection to Puget Sound and a vibrant place for recreation, we must maintain the current design momentum, focus and funding to ensure that the city’s vision is fully executed.
Our Priorities for Seattle Central Waterfront
- Build a great surface-level public space on the central waterfront
- Support the City’s ongoing design process
- Ensure sufficient funding to implement waterfront improvements
AIA Seattle and its members have been active in every phase of the viaduct removal and waterfront design process.
- AIA Seattle Waterfront Guiding Principles
- Waterfront EIS Comments from AIA Seattle
- AIA Seattle Issue Brief No on I-123
- City of Seattle Office of the Waterfront
- Waterfront Seattle
- Construction Timeline
- Local Improvement District
- Understanding the Seattle Waterfront LID
- Seattle’s waterfront overhaul saved by $160M tax deal, Crosscut
- What’s Happening With the Waterfront?, May 2017
For additional information on AIA Seattle public policy priorities and activities or to share your views as an AIA Seattle member, contact Manager of Policy & Advocacy Kirsten Smith.