PUBLIC47 is an architecture firm guided by a passion for thoughtful design. Our projects absorb us. Established in 2012, the name PUBLIC47 is a reference to our interest in site specificity—Seattle is located on the 47th parallel—and a belief that architecture of all scales should have a positive influence on its surroundings and inhabitants. Buildings shape us.
Our mission is simple: to design pragmatic, elegant, and enduring buildings that enrich the lives of their inhabitants and the greater community. We approach every project as a new challenge. We focus on our clients, their needs and budget, and the opportunities of the site to create space that is not only personalized and functional, but also beautiful and sustainable. We respect the realities of construction and embrace the potential of materials as we meticulously detail our projects with the intent that they last for generations.
Examples of Projects
- Anhalt Apartments (AIA Honor Award)
- Shea Mixed Use (AIA Honor Award)
- Henry Apartments (AIA Honor Award)
- Eastside Preparatory School (TALI Hall including Theatre)
- Eastside Preparatory School (TMAC including Gym)
- Bridge Way (Inspire) Apartments (Living Building Pilot)
- East Seattle Partners Office Building (LEED Gold)
- Amara Headquarters and Sanctuary
- Shelton Apartments
- The Downtown School (A Lakeside School)